The Lion Twins

Third Person POV

The day Joanna Lannister gave birth to her lion twins was both wonderful and painful. Her labor had started at dawn and ended a noon.

But it was so worth it, when she heard her first born son's scream as he entered the world, when she heard her daughter's cries, when the maester announced she had given birth to a boy and a girl.

Tywin entered once she was cleaned up along with the twins. "We have twins my love." Joanna smiled.

"I heard. Lions already, with their roars heard all through the Rock." Tywin smiled at his wife. He picked up his new born daughter, who promptly tried to bite his finger when he touched her lips.

Tried as she was toothless.

Joanna laughed, which was a musical sound. "Just like when you bit Gerold the Golden."

"Aye. What would you like the boy to be named?" Tywin said, smiling amused at his daughter before shifting back to his wife.

"I've always liked Orion Lannister." Joanna hummed. "It has a nice ring to it."

The newly named Orion let out an impatient huff as if to say: About time you named me mother.

"I've always liked the name Aeliana Lannister." Tywin admitted. "It means 'Golden Light' in Latin, the language from one of the traders."

"Orion and Aeliana Lannister. The Lion Twins." Genna said, entering the room. "Did one of them try to bite you?"

"Aeliana did." Joanna said amused. Aeliana let out a small cry as if to confirm it, which prompted Orion to shriek as if trying to find the sister whom he had spent nine months with.

Tywin handed Aeliana over to Joanna and Orion quieted down.

"They're looking after each other already." he said later when the twins only went to sleep when their cradles were right next to each other.

"They are the members of the Lannister pride. And let them Hear Us Roar." Joanna smiled at her husband.

That is today's chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.