Duel

Third Person POV

Everyone of importance had assembled at the arena in Sunspear, pale, wide eyed, and tense.

Lord Mason Yronwood glared at Oberyn from his side of the arena. "You poisoned my uncle!"

"There was never any proof of that and I did exile as agreed." the Red Viper of Dorne said.

"Then why did his wounds fester?" the young lord snarled.

"I was able to hit him hard enough. But no one knows death and his ways."

"ENOUGH!" Loreza boomed. "As we know, Lord Mason Yronwood has accused my son Oberyn of using poisoned blades. A duel will take place: if Oberyn wins he is innocent and if he loses he shall be exiled to the Wall. May the Warrior guide you all. BEGIN!"

Aeliana was thankful she had left Arianne at the Water Gardens as she held Hayden's hand.

Mason and Oberyn lunged for each other, spears clashing. Mason used his brute force to attempt to win while Oberyn used his speed and agility to dodge and weave.

"What will happen to Obara, Nym, and Tyene if Oberyn loses?" the Golden Lioness murmured.

"We'll take care of them." the Sun King said.

The fight ended quickly with Oberyn knocking Mason's legs out from under him and slamming his spear into Mason's thigh.

"Surrender?" Oberyn growled.

"Never!" Mason yelled.

Oberyn stabbed him in the shoulder. Mason screamed out in pain. "Now?"

"I surrender." Mason spat.

"Oberyn wins." Loreza announced. Many lords and ladies murmured, more so in relief that the duel was over and they could return to their duties

Oberyn nodded and turned away. He then notice everyone paling again.

What-

"GET DOWN!" Hayden screamed and lunged over into the arena and slammed his brother out of the way.

There was thud, blood was flying every, and-

And then the screaming happened.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.