Arrival to Highgarden

Third Person POV

Eliza's Tyrell's first site of her future best friend was Aeliana Lannister riding through the gates of Highgarden into the courtyard on a beautiful white horse that had golden mane and tail.

Mina had already married her husband, Lord Paxter Redwyne of the Arbor. Eliza despised her to nephews by Mina, Hobber and Horas.

Janna was to much of a bitch in Eliza's opinion, so she spent much of her time with Willas and baby Garlan Tyrell.

Aeliana dismounted her horse and saw the Tyrells with most of their household waiting for her.

Before looking at the Tyrells, the Lion Queen, gazed at the castle. She had read about Highgarden in her studies, but now she was really seeing it.

Highgarden was located on a broad verdant hill overlooking the Mander. The castle is surrounded by three rings of white stone whose crenellated curtain walls increase in height. 

Between the outer and middle walls was a famous briar labyrinth which serves to entertain as well as slow invaders.

The oldest towers, squat and square, date from the Age of Heroes. Newer towers are tall and slender, round fortifications dating from after the coming of the Andals.

The castle sept, which has rows of stained-glass windows honoring Garth Greenhand and the Seven, is matched only by the Great Sept of Baelor and the Starry Sept.

The castle's godswood contains three weirwoods known as the Three Singers. The palatial keep is decorated with statues and colonnades.

Also within Highgarden's walls are groves, fountains, and courtyards. The castle's structures are covered in ivy, grapes, and climbing roses.

Highgarden was filled with flowers, singers, pipers, fiddlers and harpers. The stables have a fine selection of horseflesh, and there are pleasure boats to sail along the Mander.

There are fields of golden roses that stretch as far as the eye can see. Fruits grown nearby include melons, peaches, and fireplums.

The Gentle Lioness looked back to the Tyrells. The first one she saw was a handsome young man with curly brown hair and light brown eyes— Mace Tyrell, the new Lord of Highgarden.

Next to him stood a women, tall and dignified with long blonde hair and hazel eyes, looking to be a year or two younger than Mace, and was holding the hand of a young boy while a baby was held against her chest.

She had to be Alerei Hightower, the Lady of Highgarden.

The young boy couldn't been three name days with dark curly brown hair and hazel eyes was Willas, Heir of Highgarden, who looked at Aeliana with curiosity.

The baby had to be Garlan Tyrell, the second son of Mace and Alerei.

The next in line was an older women, around forty to fifty years old, with dark brown hair had some grey in it and her face had some wrinkles. But she was still beautiful, and Aeliana guessed this was Olenna Tyrell, the infamous Queen of Thorns.

Behind her stood two girls who looked a lot alike, so she guessed they were Eliza and Janna Tyrell, Lord Mace's sisters.

Eliza was her age with rich dark brown hair and rich brown eyes, while Janna had light brown hair and blue eyes.

Aelina put on her most civil smile and walked forward to the Tyrells. "My lords and ladies" she said, sinking into a smooth curtsy she had practiced.

"Lady Lannister, it is a pleasure to have you here at Highgarden. I do hope your travel here was well." Lord Mace said jovially.

"My travel was fine my lord, it helped give me a chance to see the Reach." the golden haired teen said calmly.

Mace seemed to eat up her words with a pleased laugh and out of her eye, Aeliana saw the Queen of Thorns lip turn into a near unnoticeable smirk.

"I'm glad our home pleases you, Lady Lannister." Mace said. "Though it might not be much to Casterly Rock."

Olenna stepped forward. "Come dear, let me see you properly." she ordered and Aeliana reluctantly stepped forward a bit, and when she was clone enough Olenna grabbed her chin to lip her face up. "You are a pretty little thing, a golden rose. Luckily all roses are welcome here in our garden."

Aeliana smiled at her words and Olenna let her go but she didn't have time to respond as Olenna put her hand on Aeliana's back. "Now let me introduce you to my family so we can all get over this and continue on with our lives."

Ah, so this was why she was called the Queen of Thorns.

The Golden Queen was introduced too Alerei and little Willas who the golden haired teen promised to play with once she was settled in.

"This is my second daughter Janna, as you see here." Olenna said shortly. It was clear mother and daughter did not get along.

Janna gave her a sweet smile that wasn't very conniving and looked like she wanted to be anywhere but here.

"Lady Lannister." she said impassively, looking her nose down at her. Which was hard, since even though Aeliana was younger she was an inch taller then Janna.

"Lady Tyrell. Your beauty out ceeds the rumors of it, I'm sure every rose will be pining for your hand. Which I admit is hard to hear about, since there are so few." Aeliana smiled falsely.

Eliza let out a snort of laughter hastily covered as a scoff while Janna flushed angrily.

"Oh Seven help us you have Joanna's wit. Your mother could deal out insults so veiled it left people wondering if they had been insulted, if it was paranoia, or if it wasn't an insult." Olenna sighed. "Even I am left wondering."

The Queen of Thorns continued down the line to Eliza.

"And this is my youngest, Eliza 'the Black Rose' Tyrell, who is your age. Before you ask she got it when she said Luthor's body smelled like shit. To be frank, it did not smell like roses." Olenna said. Eliza let out a squawk while Aeliana smothered a giggle. "Well, I hope you get along."

Hopefully Eliza had a good personality because if she did Aeliana thought they could be good friends.

"Now that the introductions are down Eliza," Olenna said "You can show our guest to her rooms."

Eliza followed Mina through the white halls until they stopped at a door. Valka's eyes widened, it was even smaller then her room at Casterly Rock but even more beautiful and airy.

"This is your bedchamber, Lady Aeliana. I—I do hope we can get along because I do want another friend other then Janna."

"Annoying sisters suck." the Golden Light of the West grimaced, remembering Cersei not so pleasantly.

"So true." Eliza agreed. "It's like it is their duty to make theirs sisters lives worse as the Seven Hells, which is impossible." 

"Truer words have not been spoke."

That is today's chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.