Riverrun

Third Person POV

Aeliana's days at Riverrun slowly found a pattern.

Wake up, break her fast with either Lysa or Edmure or both, sewing, lessons from the Maester, riding & hawking for the afternoon, reading, swimming in the river with Brightroar making sure Petyr stayed away, and then either letting Brightroar(who was very big now) chase Petyr around the castle or tutor Lysa on how to play the Game.

Lysa was instantly the little sister she never had. Cersei was a bitch and whenever her future marriage was brought up, she insisted that Rhaegar Targaryen would chose her.

But Lysa was a young girl struggling to find her way through the world. Which made it wonderful to be friends with the second daughter of Hoster Tully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Hayden

I'm afraid we don't have much of local tales and legends. But I have heard of a wood witch around the area of Lannisport or somewhere.

Anyways, I have to go stop Brightroar from eating Baelish's pants again and send a letter to Cersei about how she shouldn't go into the woods to ask about her future.

Prophecy's will only drive one mad or consume their thoughts.

Love

Aeliana Lannister

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dearest Sister

I have missed you in my time here in the Eryie. Robert and Ned are good friends but I still miss my twin.

How have you been? Baelish sounds like a huge dick who doesn't know his station as the most minor of minor lords.

I have met Eliza and like you said, she is very interesting and cunning and I will admit only to you, beautiful. 

She's nothing like Lady Melara Heatherspoon so if we marry, I hope for friendship with Lady Eliza if we don't fall in love.

Your brother

Orion Lannister

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Its such a shame, Lady Lannister. Becoming a mere sun." Petyr said one night at dinner. Hoster looked ready to deck him right there and then.

"Its such a shame, Lord Baelish. After all, one day you will have to leave Riverrun and then manage infertile land and find an income." Aeliana snarked back.

Lysa giggled while Catelyn pursed her lips.

"Lord Hoster, I would request Lady Lysa to foster in Sunspear when I marry Prince Hayden and become Princess Consort of Dorne." the Lion Queen said to the Lord of Riverrun.

Petyr looked like he had swallowed a lemon.

"That is acceptable. Lysa, would you like that?" Hoster asked.

Hoster, over the course of Tywin's oldest daughters stay, had realized how little he knew of Lysa, because she reminded him so painfully of Minisa he avoided her.

So he tried, tried to come back into her life and be a father to her.

"I would love that Father!" Lysa smiled brightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Aeliana

How is it with the trouts? I've heard that the oldest is a bitch but the younger daughter is better.

I miss you, dear friend. I'm debating on food poisoning Janna in order to get her to shut up about how handsome her betrothed is.

Orion, like you said, is very good and kind and strong. He also has brains, which is a point in my book.

Waiting for your reply

Eliza Tyrell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the year flew by. Soon it was time for now the fourteen year old Aeliana to leave in order to go to the Rock to prepare for her wedding.

"Do you have to go?" Lysa whined, sitting on Aeliana's bed two days before leaving.

"Its just for a year, and then you'll come to the wedding and a year later, you'll foster at Sunspear."

"A year till I go to Sunspear! At least Uncle Bryden and his squire will come to the wedding." Lysa said.

Bryden Tully had accepted Denys Arryn as his squire.

The Gentle Lioness had spent enough time with Eliza and Olenna to see that the Heir of the Vale was smitten with Lysa, and Hoster and Bryden had seen this as well.

Petyr didn't even blink. He was to obsessed with Catelyn to think about the 'useless other daughter'.

Well, all of his pants had mysteriously gone missing after a horse had kicked him in the face.

Flash back

"Denys is smitten with Lysa." Aeliana remarked.

"Yes." Hoster hummed. "It could be a good match. He is six and ten, and she is four and ten now. That is a two year age difference." 

"How about when she is done fostering in Sunspear, you can arrange for Denys to visit the Vale and Lysa can go with him." 

Hoster nodded his head.

Flash back over 

Two days later, Aeliana hugged Lysa goodby and mounted her horse with her guards following her. Brightroar was at her heels, no longer a cub.

When she was young, she had ridden out of Casterly Rock at age twelve.

Now she was riding back home at four and ten, a year away form her wedding to Hayden.

She was riding back home.

That is today's chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.