Wake of the Wedding

Third Person POV

Aeliana had thrown herself into work, avoiding her husband. Luckily, it was only during the evenings and nighttime did they see each other.

The Golden Queen focused on the treasury, appointing Lord Oscar Fowler, Lord Franklyn Fowler's second cousin and steward, as Master of Coin. The man was loyal to her and had brought his entire staff to run the coin and taxes of the Seven Kingdoms.

Together, the money wise Aeliana(who had run the Sunspear and Water Garden treasury with Doran since Hayden and Loreza's death) and coin smart Oscar they had been able to curb and stop many of Robert's lavish spendings with an iron fist, paying off minor debts and working their way to get the treasury safe and full.

Lysa had arrived as her Lady in Waiting, having given birth to twins during Robert's Rebellion, as the singers were calling it, named Errol for the Boy and Aemma for the girl.

Aeliana's Ladies in Waiting consisted of Lysa for the Vale and the Riverlands, Allyria Dayne, whom she sent home after a moon of her service, knowing the Dayne scion did not need to be where her siblings had been, and grudgingly Cersei to keep an eye on her.

The golden haired women had summoned Mya Stone to the capital, and appointed her her cupbearer. She was growing quickly fond of the girl, and when it came to Stannis the new Master of Ships and Lord of Storm's End, she had gotten a decent working relationship with the man.

Robert had tried to give it to Renly, but getting him drunk and getting him to sign a series of papers to ensure Stannis was granted Storm's End, the second Baratheon brother now was the Lord of Storm's End and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands.

Already she had to make it clear who was the queen, assigning her sister jobs that kept her away from Robert.

She had given Jamie a 'oh my fucking gods really?' when she saw him and Cersei return from a 'walk' in the gardens with messy hair and clothes.

The Gentle Lioness wished she could return to the Water Gardens for this pregnancy or send Cersei home, but Casterly Rock was stricken with measles(which Aeliana and Orion had gotten when they were three and survived) and had closed its gates to outsiders.

"Aeliana, I'm am going to be frank with you: do you want to slit his throat or poison him once you have his son?" Lysa jested, noticing her half exhausted friend.

"I'm already pregnant." Aeliana muttered. She wished she could go to the Water Gardens to ride out her pregnancy, but she needed to stay in the capital.

"Oh that's great... wait what."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word spread fast once her pregnancy was announced. Aeliana Lannister was pregnant with Robert Baratheon's child.

Robert waited nervously for his wife as he waited for her in their rooms.

"Thank you for bringing Mya here... I assume you want me to summon Arianne?" he asked awkwardly.

The Golden Lioness paused, eyeing him warily.

"That would be lovely." she said softly.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.