Loss of Joanna

Third Person POV

"I don't like him Father." six year old Aeliana said to her father when Aerys II Targaryen, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm came to Casterly Rock. "I don't like the way he looks at Mother."

Tywin nodded. "He should be out of here in a few months. What do you think of Prince Rhaegar?"

Aeliana, already nicknamed 'the Gentle Lioness' for her kindness and visiting orphanages shrugged "He's... handsome like ice."

"What do you mean little lioness?" Tywin asked.

"Ice is cold father. He's handsome like ice because's he's cold and his head in books all the time."  the firstborn daughter of Tywin Lannister explained. Even for her young age, she was mature.

Tywin hummed, taking in his favorite child's words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tell me Joanna, has nursing the Lion Twins and the Golden Twins ruined your breasts?" a drunk Aerys asked that night.

Joanna froze and Tywin looked livid. Rhaegar stepped in with: "I would worry more about her health, Your Grace."

Joanna gave a tight lipped smile to the Crown Prince and picked up two year old Cersei and Jamie and left the hall. Tywin's sharp look to the Lion Twins made sure Orion didn't glare at the king.

The Golden Lioness was relieved when he left the next fortnight.

273 AC, Casterly Rock

"I love days like this." one and ten year old Aeliana commented, standing on one of the many balconies of Casterly Rock. She breathed in the sea air happily as Orion collapsed on a nearby chair, panting from exhaustion.

He had just come from a brutal training session with Tygett Lannister. "You mean when I get knocked around by Uncle Tygett while Father lets you learn about the Game?"

Aeliana rolled her eyes, brushing a golden strand of hair out of her face. "No, when the traders are coming in and the sea is beautiful. Do you think Mother will let us go down to Lannisport?"

"Maybe, but after I clean up." Orion said.

Seven year old Cersei and Jamie walked over to the balcony where the Lion Twins were, sharing secret smiles.

Cersei was always confused why Aeliana and Orion didn't treat each other the way she and Jamie did, they were twins as well, one soul in two bodies.

Joanna Lannister was giving birth to their new sibling, her labor had started when she was showing Aeliana how to run the Rock. 

Aeliana didn't know that it would be the last time she would be able to talk with her mother.

"Hello Cersei, Jamie..." Orion froze when he saw the kiss marks on Jamie's neck, the exact same size as Cersei's lips, and kissing marks the same size as Jamie's lips on Cersei neck. Aeliana saw it as well.

"What in the name of the Seven Hells!?" Orion yelled. "You can't do that!"

"Yes we can! Twins are the same soul in different bodies, we're meant to be together!" Cersei yelled.

Aeliana shook her head. "No you can't. Any child who is born from incest always has a chance of being mad."

"But King Aerys and Queen Rhaella are siblings." Jamie protested.

"Jaehaerys the Conciliator made a deal with the Faith." the Golden Lioness said shortly. "Me and Orion are going to tell Father and Mother."

The four siblings stopped arguing when Genna walked over, her face pale. "Auntie Genna? Is Mother alright? Is it a boy or a girl?" Orion said, giving the younger pair of Lannister twins a cold 'we're going to talk about this later' look.

"Joanna, oh I'm sorry little lions, but she's dead." Genna said.

All four froze, pausing as their ends absorbed this knowledge.

"No! She can't be!" Cersei shrieked, tears in her eyes.

"The baby?" Jamie asked worried for his new sibling. All anger at the Lion Twins forgotten in his worry for his baby sibling.

"Your brother is alive but his head is bigger then normal-"

"A monster! He killed Mother! He should be dead, not Mother!" Cersei screamed.

"He is no monster Cersei. He is your brother-" Aeliana turned on Cersei, scowling as she struggled through her tears.

"I HATE HIM! THAT MONSTER KILLED MY MOTHER AND HE SHOULD DIE! HE SHOULD DIE!" Cersei screamed, tears in her eyes as she ran past them and into the Rock. Jamie ran after his twin sister, calling for her to come back.

"Father?" Orion asked Genna.

Genna looked at Aeliana. After Joanna, Aeliana was the only person in the realm who could bring out the soft side of Tywin Lannister. Her affect on Tywin was similar to Joanna's, but it lacked any romantic love as it should be. "You should talk to him."

Aeliana nodded and hurried to find her father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Father?" Aeliana asked, standing in the doorway of her parents-now only her Father's-room.

"Yes?" Tywin snapped, tears in his eyes. HIs gaze softened when he saw his favorite child.

"We need you." Aeliana said, walking up and hugging her father.

Tywin hugged her back and Aeliana let him cry, because Tywin was there for them but only Mother for him. Now it was Aeliana's job to make sure he was okay.

"He's the only thing we have left of mother." the golden haired pre teen said.

"He killed her." Tywin snarled.

"And did Uncle Gerion killed Grandmother Jeyne?" the Golden Lioness rebuked.

Tywin looked at her blankly, his mind whirling. "Where is he?" Aeliana demanded.

"The nursery." Tywin said. "Leave, I need to think."

Aeliana grabbed Genna on her way to the nursery and snapped at a servant to find a wet nurse.

When she entered the nursery, she made a beeline to the crib while Genna hung back in the doorway.

The Gentle Lioness looked down and smiled at her brother. One black eye and one green eye stared back as she offered him her finger, and he took it, squeezing it.

"Hello Tyrion." she cooed. Mother and Father had consulted her, Jamie, Cersei, and Orion on names, and the four siblings liked Tyrion best if it was a boy.

"I'm your oldest sister, and that means I have to protect you. Mother said so. And I'll make sure you'll live, because thats what sisters do."

That is today's chapter. I hope you have enjoyed it.

Aeliana's mother instincts have been awoken, and she'll look after Tyrion.