Testing

Chapter 8

Arcelia

Today Experiment Varian and I were being tested properly. It was surprising that he had yet to be tested because as soon as I was settled in I was thoroughly tested.

A proper test was completely different to how He tested on me; His ‘tests’ were more of an experiment. A test consisted of running on a machine with needles jabbed into your skin. The needles were hypersensitive and measured our speed, heart rate, and any additional data that the scientists required.

They would then let you rest for five minutes before testing your physical endurance. The lab coats would make you lift weights, catch flying and whirring objects that were projected your way and dive underwater to see how long you could hold your breath. It all depended on what experimentation team you were on and what day it was

After, you got another break before they gave you water and you went into surgery. Not everyone went into surgery, only the ones signed up for it the week before. On a daily basis most experiments went in every other week, but if you were one of the failing experiments then you had to go every week. Since I was so successful, I never went except for when they wanted to perfect things like my voice.

Last was the examination. I hated them. They were long and redundant. They would poke and prod you and make you wait until they got the results back. Then they would spend the next thirty minutes telling you how non-average you were, not realizing or caring how much it offended us. They meant to make it reflect how ‘amazing’ we were but none of us saw it that way. The ones who actually did ended up getting too much self-confidence and had to get killed off because they were too extroverted.

I was curious about how Experiment Varian would test. I doubt he could beat all of my high ranking records, which were the best out of all the Labs, but I did think he would do exceptionally well because he was in the same trial I was.

The Red Virus Trial.

I was taken away from my thoughts when the door opened with its signature ‘whoosh!’ sound and this time it was Dimitri, lab coat Linsey and Experiment Varian who walked in.

Dimitri looked relaxed like always and lab coat Linsey was fidgeting and looking down again, which I started noticing all lab coats did around Dimitri. I didn't care enough to analyze Experiment Varian.

"Hello." I murmured, making sure my mystical voice reverberated around the room and got everyone's attention. It worked as all eyes were immediately on me.

"Hello Lia. Are you ready for testing?" Dimitri asked with a smile as he started humming an unfamiliar tune.

"Of course. I'm always ready for whatever you have prepared." I said and he just looked up at me with a huge smile.

"Yes. You didn't get to be the most successful experiment because of your virus only. I see they actually taught you manners, which is very nice."

"Yes, I was taught well." I murmured, thinking about Him. He was the one who taught me everything I knew. Not a single lab coat had taught me while I was here. They poked and prodded, not praising me or scolding me. But He did and I was getting praised for His teaching.

"Okay, lead the way Lia." Dimitri said and I gave a nod before stepping ahead of them all and walking.

Varian

She was so beautiful that it was heartbreaking but she made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with me.

She just glanced at me this morning, her eyes not even really seeing me before they landed on Dimitri and she acted like his damn puppy. I hated seeing it. She thought Dimitri was good; it was obvious in her eyes when she looked at him. She found him interesting, whereas she found me lacking. She found Dimitri better than the man that was here before.