Experiment Varian

Chapter 2

Varian

I woke up for the umpteenth time, but this time the sharp noises were replaced with a dull ringing and my vision was blurred. I'd never been so happy.

I hated this white room that resembled a hospital and the blinding light that hurt my eyes the most. I hated everything here, especially the people.

They took me from my life and were making me a freak. I'd heard about stuff like this but my friends and I just laughed, none of us believing it. Boy did I believe it now.

The door opened, and a rush of air blew across my face as a man walked in, his brown eyes excited about my arrival. He was just as sick as the other scientist.

"Hello Varian. I hope you haven't experienced much pain." He said, holding a clipboard as he waited for me to talk.

"Go to hell. It's where you all belong." I snarled at him, not making a move to get up. It hurt too much to move and I knew this place was protected.

"You're the first male to accept the Red Virus. It's amazing, really. We've tried it on hundreds of people and you're only the second successful experiment. You should be proud." He said, ignoring my comment.

"I should be proud that you kidnapped me and are trying to make me a freak?" I snapped, wincing as the ringing started to sharpen.

"Careful Varian. I don't want to have to punish you." He said, a clear threat in his voice.

"You're one sick bastard and you don't even realize it." I snarled and yelled in pain as the ringing heightened to a throbbing banging noise right before I blacked out again.

Arcelia

"Varian isn't adjusting well. I thought maybe he'd adjust better if he met someone like him." He explained, an arm wrapped around me. Ever since yesterday, He tried to be more affectionate.

"Okay." I said and felt him squeeze me, pain shooting through me. Yesterday, I’d begged Him to stop hurting me, to tell me what I’d done wrong so I could improve on it. But He didn't. He just hit me and told me to stop crying. So I did.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, running His hand over the bruise on my eyes and I flinched slightly before nodding.

"I'm fine." I whispered and saw Him nod.

"Good. Let's make our way over to his room." He instructed and kept His arm around me as we walked over.

He opened the door and walked me in before leaving without a goodbye or a glance back, hurting me mentally.

I looked at the door for a few seconds before turning my attention to the boy on the floor. I shouldn't really be calling him a boy. He looked my age, but was most likely older.

I realized I was wrong when I said there was nothing special about him. There was. He was beautiful. He had thick lashes that covered his eyes and his black hair swept across his forehead, like feathers.

I crawled over to him, ignoring my own pain and sat in front of him, placing his head in my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair and noticed it felt like the feathers on a duck.

One time, the Lab had brought in several ducks. They’d wanted to examine their webbed feet to make an improvement on it. The lab coats had been trying to perfect the technique of webbed feet for a while and when they heard about the shipment of ducks, they immediately started on it. Ducks weren’t common anymore, just like any animal. They’d either gone out of existence or were struggling to survive on a severed thread.