O14

Today is the day

Today is the day.

Just in a blink of an eye, it has been a month and today is the day where Hani will officially becomes someone's wife.

No more, Miss Ryu but Mrs. Lee.

She stared at her own reflection in the mirror as some maids helped her with the dress and her hair. There's no single glint of happiness in her eyes. She doesn't feel anything just blank. Her mind is empty.

She's scared of what will happen next. She's scared of a new challenge that surely will come in her life that she has to go through no matter what.

At this point she doesn't know what's point of living.
Just obeying her parents like she's 4 years old when she's literally a grown up lady who can make her own decisions.

But she felt like her life is in her parents' hands. Everything that happened in her life. All because of her parents. She doesn't understand the true definition of happiness because of father. She doesn't understand the true definition of freedom because of him.

She still got a lot more to learn about life and now she has to learn about love.

"Miss Ryu, please tell me if the dress is too tight" the maid spoke, interrupting her who was drowning in her mind earlier.

She pressed her lips into thin lines and slowly turned to the window, staring at everyone's happy faces. Everyone is happy for her but why isn't she happy when it's her wedding day.
The day where she supposed to smile and feels butterflies every time thinking of the new life that she will go though with the love of her life.

Knock! Knock!

She turned to the door and a tall man who was wearing a black suit walked inside.
The man looked at her from head to toe before chuckling. "you look... beautiful, Miss Ryu" she looked down on herself before humming.

"thank you, Jisung"

He grinned, "I'm here to congratulate you, not as your secretary but as your best friend" his smile widened, "Mr. Lee told me that I'm your best friend"

Hani nodded her head, "you're my best friend"

He nodded his head, "congratulations on your wedding Miss Ryu" he bowed. Jisung tilted his head, "Miss Ryu?" she raised her eyebrows.
"smile, this is your happy day"

She turned to the mirror and slowly put on a smile which made Jisung smiled, "there, much better if you smile" he chuckled, "I'll get going first, your father will be here soon" he bowed again before walking out from the room with the maids, leaving Hani alone still staring at herself.

When the door closed, the smile slowly faded.

She rolled her eyes, "what's the point of smiling when it's fake"

     She walked down the aisle with her father on her side, slowly walking towards the groom

"smile"

She blinked and glanced towards her father before putting on a smile and looked at everyone who was looking at her with a wide smile, amazed by her beauty.

Jeno slowly turned behind and watched Hani walked towards him which made his heart start to beating 2 times fast. He took a deep breath and flashed his eyesmile. His friends turned to him before chuckling, realizing how his eyes sparkles while watching Hani.

Hani let go of her father's hand and stood in front of him.
Jeno smiled warmly, "you look beautiful" he muttered quietly and she hummed, "you look great too..."

Jeno gently grabbed both of her hands and held it, still not looking away from her beautiful orbs. She also did the same thing, staring back into his eyes which were sparkling as if the stars were in his eyes.

"Lee Jeno, do you take Ryu Hani to be your wife, to cherish in friendship and love today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you live, to trust and honor her, to love her faithfully, through the best and the worst, whatever may come, and if you should ever doubt, to remember your love for each other and the reason why you came together with her this day?"

He took a deep breath and smiled, "I do"

"Ryu Hani, do you take Lee Jeno to be your husband, to cherish in friendship and love today, tomorrow and for as long as the two of you live, to trust and honor him, to love him faithfully, through the best and the worst, whatever may come, and if you should ever doubt, to remember your love for each other and the reason why you came together with him this day?"

She pursed her lips together and gulped, staring at him while remembering the first day she met him where she swears she almost lose her patience and wanted to punch him in his face.
The day where he forced her to grab a lunch with him, the way he always reminds her to eat well and make sure she's not overworking.

"I know we barely know each other and our marriage still shocks you but please... trust me that I'll try to be the best man to take care of you, I'll not force you to love me but please don't let me work on our relationship alone, we try together, okay"

She pressed her lips into thin lines before letting out a sigh "I do"

And with her response, both of Jeno's parents and her parents let out a sigh in relief.

"you miss kiss the bride"

Jeno cupped her cheeks in his hands and slowly bring her face closer to him. Both heart started to beat on the same rhythm as Jeno closed the gape between them.
She placed her hand on his chest and both of them closed their eyes as their lips met.

Everyone clapped and cheered for the new married couple.

Jisung who was sitting at the back slowly smile and clapped his hands.
There's no more chance for him to get her. She's someone's wife and he has to respect that. He believes she'll be happy with Jeno.

He should start move on now.