O39

The sounds of the heartbeat monitor fill the cold room

The sounds of the heartbeat monitor fill the cold room. The eldest daughter continued to stare at the figure of her mother meanwhile her sister kept her head down.

Hani felt really bad.
She hasn't met her mother for a while and she even cancelled their dinner last time just because of selfishness for not wanting to face her father.

"Unnie?"

Hani averted her attention to her little sister who was holding her hand. She stared at the little girl who had her red eyes from crying for the whole day.
"Mom... will be fine right?"

The eldest pursed her lips together and slowly nodded, "Of course she will, mom is a very strong woman, she'll be fine"
Even it hurts like hell, she still flashed her warm smile to Haneul which made her pouted. "What if she-" "no"

Hani tucked Haneul's hair behind her ears and shook her head, "don't say that, there's no what if, mom will wake up soon and she'll be fine"

Haneul sniffed and lowered her head which made Hani sighed.

"Don't be like this Haneul... We only have each other now, dad is no longer here and mom is unconscious..."

Haneul rolled her eyes and looked away, "good that dad is not here anymore"

"Ryu Haneul. Watch your words, he's our father"

"What? I'm right! he makes our life miserable, both of us can't even do what we want, he control our life. Look what he did to you, he forced you to study this and that, asking you to forget your own dream, arranged your marriage, downgrading your abilities and more!"

Haneul frowned, "I've heard about the company, he told you he will hand it to another person who's not from our family, right? Just because a little mistake and you still defending him after everything he did to you?"

"He's our father."

"I don't care! He doesn't treat us like his daughters!"

Hani sighed heavily and pinched the bridge of her nose before getting up, pulling Haneul out from the room.

"He knows the best for us, he wants the best for us, for our future-" "really? The best huh? Now what happen to your future?"

Silence.

Hani stared at her little sister while furrowing her eyebrows.
She's speechless. She can't mutter another words because she knows what Haneul said were true.

Haneul huffed.

"I will never forgive him if we lost mom" she voiced out before walking away from there, leaving Hani alone watching her little sister's figure slowly disappearing from her sight.
She took a deep breath and turned to her mother who was lying on the bed since yesterday.

"What do I do, mom?"