Chapter Five: One Month Later

It's been a month since Liu and Y/N went into hiding from Jeff. During this time, Y/N has gotten to know Liu more. Talking about family, friends, hobbies, jobs, etc. They've become quite close. But given the circumstances, who could blame them? It was just themselves.

Due to the fact that it's been a month, the supplies they had stock piled up had been running low. Liu decided it was time to head out to pick some more up while it was day light out. Figuring it would be best to move during day time.

"I'm going to go out," Liu says, grabbing his keys off the table.

Y/N walks over to him, "Could I come?"

Liu thought for a moment, "You should probably stay here. In case someone comes by I don't want them trying to take over the cabin."

"Oh come on, you left this cabin alone for months before we came in. Nothing happened to it," She mentions.

"Fair point, but there's weapons and stuff here now. I don't want anyone coming in and stealing anything."

Y/N sighs, "Fine, I'll stay behind. Just don't take too long, okay?" She gives Liu a quick peck on the cheek.

"Okay," he smiles softly, eventually waving her a goodbye, leaving the cabin and her behind.

She waves back to him, closing the door behind herself. While he was gone, she began to clean up around the cabin. Sweeping, dusting, hand washing the clothes and hanging them up outside on the porch to dry. It kept her busy.

It started to get dark outside, Liu still wasn't back. This made Y/N worried, "What's taking him so long?" She wished she still had her phone and cell service out here. She wouldn't worry so much if she at least had that and was able to get in contact with him.

She sighs, starting up a fire and sitting down in front of it to keep herself warm along with the inside of the cabin.

A couple of hours past, still no sign of Liu. Y/N was beyond worried now. She grabbed a gun from the weapons, checked for bullets, then left the cabin in search for him.

"He should've been back by now. I know it doesn't take hours to get here," she says to herself quietly. Grabbing a lantern off the porch, she lit it, the light illuminating the car tracks in the mud. She follows the tracks, leading down the hill.

After walking for some time Y/N, notices a car. She rushes up to it, quickly realizing it was Liu's car, "What..?" She looks inside, seeing Liu wasn't there, "did his car break down..?"

"Hmm I wouldn't say that," She jumps up hearing that familiar voice. One she dreaded ever hearing again.

"Jeff!" She shouts, looking around for him, "What the fuck did you do to Liu?!"

He steps out from behind the trees, Liu being held in a choke hold with his knife pressed up against his neck, "Took you so long just to get here..I've been waiting."

"Let Liu go now!" Y/N yells at him, dropping the lantern and pulling out the gun she had brought with her, pointing it at Jeff.

He laughs, "You really think pointing that thing at me would be the best idea?" He presses the blade against Liu's neck, drawing blood, "Put it down or else your lover is gone."

"Just listen to him, Y/N," Liu says, squirming in Jeff's grasp.

"Go on..drop it."

Y/N eventually drops the gun, kicking it out of the way, before raising her hands up, showing she had no more weapons.

"Good. You two were a pain to find. Took me a while to track you down. I've been waiting for this night to finally arrive," He chuckles, "turns out Liu has been protecting you and hiding you away in that cabin all this time."