Chapter Ten: Being Nice

The following morning, Jeff wakes up. He was still sitting on the bench. He went to get up, but quickly froze, noticing Y/N curled up asleep, her head resting on his lap as if it were a pillow, 'What the hell..? Why is she sleeping on my lap..?' he thought to himself. He stared down at her laying there, his cheeks growing red. 'She's so cute..' he reaches his hand out, shaking, as he slowly and gently places his hand on her cheek. Using his thumb, he feels her soft skin.

Her skin was so much softer than he had expected it to be. This wasn't the first time he's caressed someone's face, but this was different. It made his heart race and flutter all at the same time. He had her, well, almost anyways. He sighs, hesitating at first, to remove his hand from her cheek, not wanting to let go just yet.

'Why..? Out of everyone I've encountered did you have to be the one I liked..? I wanted you dead. I wanted to kill you just to get rid of this feeling I have inside my chest. That's what the plan was..because I couldn't stop feeling this when I first saw you. I wouldn't say I liked you..more so love you. I didn't think love at first sight was possible, but I guess it is, even for a killer,' that thought nearly making him laugh, 'how could a killer love someone?' He pinches the bridge of his nose, frustrated, trying to wrap his head around it, but unable to.

He was pulled out of his thoughts by Y/N shifting a bit in her sleep. He watches as she opens her eyes. She blinks a few times, yawns, then carefully lifts her head off of his lap. She rubs her eye, "Mm..what time is it?" She asks sleepily.

Jeff shrugs, "There's no working clocks in here."

"Mm..okay.." she sets her feet onto the floor in front of her before resting her head on Jeff's shoulder, closing her eyes again.

"You're really tired, aren't you?" He chuckles a bit.

"Mhm," she nods, "you're comfortable.."

His cheeks turn red again, "Heh, sure I am," he sarcastically says.

"You are.." She feels around for his arm, slipping it around her waist to hold her and keep her warmer. She then rests her head in his chest.

Jeff leans back against the wall for her to be more comfortable. He pulls her closer to him, rubbing her arm to warm her up some. His heart continued to race. Though, his heart was beating fast, Y/N didn't mind and enjoyed the sound, coaxing her back to sleep.

He sits there, almost shocked by the fact this was happening. He mentally sighs, as not to disturb Y/N's slumber, 'I should probably go back to sleep at this rate,' he thought, leaning his head against the wall, closing his eyes. Eventually falling asleep himself.

A little while later, Jeff wakes up, Y/N was still laying there held tightly against his chest. Only difference from before, she was awake now, "When'd you wake up?" He asks her softly, causing her to ever so slightly jump.

She pushes off of his chest, sitting up and looks at him, "I woke up awhile ago."

"You didn't have to stay here, you know that right? If you wanted you could've gotten up."

She slowly nods her head, "I know..I um..just didn't want to wake you up. You looked so peaceful and felt really comfortable," she mentions, looking away.

"Hm, if you say so," Jeff says in response.

Toby wanders over to them, "The two love birds are finally awake. You two hungry?"

They turn to Toby, "Um..yeah actually," Jeff says, "what about you?" He glances over to Y/N.

"Oh- uh, a little," she says, her stomach growling seconds later.