Chapter Eight: Meeting Old Friends

It had been about two hours later when Jeff came back to the motel room. He was covered in blood. At first, Y/N thought it had been his own, "Jeff? What happened? Where have you been?" She questionings him.

He stares at her, not saying anything as he walks passed her. She stops him, grabbing his right wrist, "Are you going to answer me?"

He rips his wrist away, "I killed two people, if you really have to know."

"What..?"

"Do I need to repeat myself? I killed two people. I needed to blow off steam," he explains.

"By killing people?" She asks, her stomach in knots, feeling as though she was going to get sick. Yeah, she'd witness him kill Liu, but it wasn't this gruesome. He wasn't covered head to toe with blood.

"Yeah," he states in a monotone voice, "better I killed them than you, wouldn't you say?"

She shakes her head frantically, "No, of course not! You just killed two innocent people and you want to chop it up as it being better?" She slaps her hand over her mouth. The overwhelming urge to vomit taking its toll as she rushes into the bathroom, spilling up her guts into the toilet bowl.

Jeff watches, not effected by her reaction or feeling any particular emotion towards it.

She wipes her mouth with her sleeve, breathing heavily as she flushes the toilet, closing the lid, and sitting down on the cold floor shaking. She couldn't believe Jeff would do that. Well, she did, but she didn't think he would do it in broad daylight. But it was just the fact the Jeff did it out of shear anger. Let alone recklessly. He could've gotten caught or worse someone could've saw him leave and could be tracking him down. If that was the case, she could be arrested too, the police possibly thinking she was involved somehow. Just because of his stupidity.

He walks over to the doorway, standing there looking at her, "I need to take another shower."

She gets up off the floor carefully, pushing pass him, refusing to say anything else to him. She was too..angry? Sad? She couldn't really describe her feelings towards him.

Jeff closes the door to the bathroom, Y/N hearing the shower running seconds later.

"How could he be so calm..?" She asks herself aloud. She could never mentally comprehend his mindset. And that frightened her, but maybe it's best she never could. Maybe it's best she kept it that way.

She walks over to the bag of clothes, having not touched them since he first left. She grabs out one of his shirts and pairs of pants, tossing them onto the other side of the bed. Then grabbing out a shirt and a pair a pants for herself. Changing into them before Jeff finished up his second shower.

Minutes later, Jeff steps out of the bathroom in a towel. All the blood now being gone, as if it had never been there.

"I pulled out an outfit for you," She says, her voice being low and her gaze dropping to the floor.

"Thanks," he replies, almost robotically. He picks the clothes up off the bed, heading back into the bathroom again to get dressed.

——— Time Skip ———

They were back in Liu's vehicle, driving to the meet up spot that Jeff and his "old friends" planned to meet. As they got closer, Y/N became increasingly nervous. She figured they'd be killers like Jeff. She didn't see him being the type to have "normal" friends. Though, what made her more nervous was how they would react with her there. Would they kill her on sight?

Jeff parked the car. Before getting out, he turns to her, "Something you should be aware of and to keep in mind, they might not be happy with you being around. At least if they knew you were a regular person."