Cryptic Invite

Act 1 Scene 1

Act 1
Scene 1

————————————

"Y/n.." You hear a soft spoken voice along with quiet knocks coming from your door. You tighten your already shut eyes while shifting on your bed.

"Y/n. Honey, wake up." You groan and cover your entirety with a cover. "Ma.. five more minutes.."

Your mother, Jazmine, sighs. "Hija, it's late. Sol is almost done with lunch and everyone else is awake."

You throw the sheets off of yourself and mutter a quiet "okay.." You get onto your feet and scramble to put on some clothes. You open your door and leave the room. You pat the wall beside you tiredly. "Morning casita."

The house's walls jiggle like jello in response.

You can't help but laugh at that as you walk down the stairs and make your way into the dining room. Almost everyone was situated in their designated seat. Abuela Julia sat at the very end of the extremely long table. Everyone else sat along the sides. Sol and your mother were serving everyone's plates in the kitchen.

You take your usual seat, next to Diego.

"Well look who finally decided to show up," Diego said, as if on cue, right as you sat down.

You roll your eyes at him. "Har har. You act as if you always wake up early. Usually you wake up later than me! What's the big occasion? A little nightmare woke you up primo?"

"Y/n." Your mother gives you a stern look as she sets down a plate filled with arepas in front of both you and Diego.

"What? It's the truth isn't it? I can't say the truth now?" You point out.

Your father, Mateo, chuckles from the other side of the table. "No, Mariposa, you're not wrong."

"Atleast I didn't forget about today!" Diego retaliates.

"Today..?" You question.

Tío Francis's eyes widen as he takes a sip of his drink. "Ah that's right Hijo! Y/n did seem to forget huh?"

You turn your attention to your Tío. "Forget what? What are you guys talking about?"

"Ha! She did forget!" Two Francis abruptly faces your father. "Give me my money Mateo." He holds out an expecting hand.

Your father rolls his eyes as he grabs five dollars and hands it to your Tío.

"Ay Dios mío. Francis, what did I tell you about betting on the family?" Your Tía Sol suddenly chimes in.

"Sorry mi amor, I won't do it again." He apologizes.

"That's what you said last time, cariño." She says as she sets a few plates on the table and sits down.

"Ughhhhhh!" A groan is heard from the opposite end of the table. You all turn your attention to the source.

Bianca.

"Mama, papa, I love you both, but you've seriously got to stop acting so lovey dovey at the dinner table! It's making me cringe." She practically shouts while scrunching her nose in discomfort.

Her little brother besides her, Ale, nods in agreement. Reina and Lena, who are sitting next to Ale, speak up as well. "We agree." They say simultaneously.

Tía Sol sighs dramatically. "Children, one day you will realize what it's like to be in love."

"Pfft.. yeah right." You mutter under your breath as you take a bite out of an arepa.

"Don't be so negative my dear sister. I think Tía is right. Being in love seems magical. You're just too young to understand." You nearly jump at your brother, Emilio's, sudden input.

"Shut up Emilio. I don't want to hear about love from you. Especially since you're single." You glare at him.

"And I don't want to hear any arguing from you Y/n. Especially since you forgot." He lifts his head like some entitled brat and turns the other way.

"Forgot what?! Why is nobody telling me-"

"Ahem."

Everyone stops their talking and bickering. The table goes silent and everyone, including you, brings their attention to Abuela Julia.

"Thank you." She says.

"As you all should know, except, maybe one of you." She glances in your direction, "today I've called a family meeting."

"Yesterday, I got a letter, no, an invitation."

"Invitation to what?" Bianca interrupts. Her mother nudges her from beside her.

"Hm. So it's finally time." Tía Paola says from the very corner of the table. Everyone eyes her for a moment, but she pays no mind.

"As I was saying.." Your Abuela speaks up again. "Our family has been invited to the Madrigal casa for their youngest one's gift ceremony tomorrow night."

——————————

This is a fem reader x Camilo. But if enough people ask, I will gladly republish another version of this book with either a male reader or gender neutral type reader <3

 But if enough people ask, I will gladly republish another version of this book with either a male reader or gender neutral type reader <3

In case anyone is confused