Intermission_Camilo

Intermission 1 ———————-

Intermission 1
———————-

Ever since that day, the time I met with you in the cave, you never left my mind. Neither you or the theory that one of our families were lying.

But it had been so long since then. Well, not really. It was only like what, two weeks? But it felt like forever.

Two weeks since we last got to have an actual long conversation.

After that I would only see you around town and sneak in a small comment like, "good evening m'lady. Or you look pretty today, hermosa." Things like that.

I know, I'm such a flirt.

I sighed. But still, it's been a week. A week and I hadn't seen her since. And I was starting to get worried, really worried.

I paced around my room anxiously as I bit my nails— it was a bad habit that I had difficulty breaking.

So many negative thoughts filled my head. What if you got hurt? What if your family was keeping you inside and hidden away from the rest of society against your will all because they found out about you and-

"Camilo!" Two hands took me by my shoulders and shook me out of my thoughts.

"Mirabel..?" My cousin stood in front of me with a worried expression plastered across her face.

"Ay Dios mío, Camilo. You scared me for a second there, you seemed long gone. Are you okay? Why were you.." she lets go of my shoulders and moves my hand away from my mouth, examining my now extremely short and bloody nails.

She sighs. "What's bothering you?"

I take a deep breath in and hide my hands behind my back. "Bothering me? Nothing's bothering me, Mira." I lie.

She gives me a 'uh huh, I don't believe you' type of face while she crosses her arms. "You're a terrible liar. You know that?"

I let out that breath I had been holding. "Or maybe you're just weirdly good at seeing past people, shorty." I roll my eyes at my cousin, playfully of course.

"Would you stop wit- you know what? Nevermind." She rubs her temples. "Just tell me what's wrong. You and I tell each other everything. Plus! You know our policy, 'Milo."

I groan. "Yeah yeah. 'We tell eachother everything and we don't judge. The day we do, we aren't best buds anymore.'" I recite a stupid little agreement Mira and I had made when were like, five.

She nods. "That's right. So spill. You've been awfully.. depressed. That's not like you."

I sigh once more as I take a seat on my bed. Mirabel follows my lead and sits next to me. "I'll tell you on one condition."

"And that isssss?"

"You won't get mad, and you definitley won't tell the rest of the family." I explain.

She glances around before nodding. "Alright.. is Dolores asleep?"

I nod. "Yeah.."

"Tell."

"....... I think. I like someone..." I close my eyes, not wanting to see Mira's reaction.

. . .

"You.. like someone? Camilo, finally! Who are they? Do I know them? Have a met them??" She whisper yells as she grips my arm excitedly.

"That's the thing... she's a... Castillo.." I whisper the last word.

She stops. "A Castillo..?"

"Yeah.. a Castillo. Look, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't like her, especially not a Castillo and I know-"

She interrupts me with a hug. "You don't have to explain. I'm not really sure I like the fact she's a Castillo but.. you like her, so she mustn't be that bad. I trust you."

I sit there stunned for a second before hugging her back. "You're not.. mad?"

"Mad? No, of course not." She lets go. "Sooo, which member is it?" She wiggles her brows.

"Gross don't do that you weirdo." I laugh. "But her name is Y/n... I was thinking about seeing her.. but I need your help."

"You're sneaking out aren't you?"

"Yup."
——————

Okay so this is something different! I plan on making intermissions from time to time. Intermissions are basically seeing the story from Camilo's point of view. I'll mostly do this in important parts, like the one that's coming up🤫 but uh yeah, that's all! Part two of this intermission coming tmr😎