The Ramirez Family

Act 2 Scene 5 "That

Act 2
Scene 5
"That. Was scary."
——————————

It was the next morning. The smell of breakfast tacos made its way through the air. You were one of the first ones up surprisingly. Your nostrils led you down to the kitchen where your Tía Sol was cooking with your mother.

Apparently, Sol heard you coming since she turned her head to face you almost immediately when you stepped into the room. "Morning Princesa. You hungry?"

You nod sleepily.

"Help set the table and wake the family up. Breakfast should be done by then, sleepyhead." Your mother chimes in.

"Si mama.." you yawn as you make your way to the cabinets and carry out a stack of plates. You set them each on the table in front of everyone's designated seat.

You paused at Diego's. You sighed. It had been weeks since the fallout, and he was still giving you the cold shoulder. You missed him, a lot. But you'd never admit that to him. And you couldn't bring yourself to apologize either. So you let it be, only able to reminisce on the times you two and Bianca had together. The friend group had fallen apart.

You shook your head, shaking those depressing thoughts of yours away along with it.

"Forget it.." you thought to yourself as you finished putting everyone's plates on the table.

Yet, you unconsciously and instinctively put Diego's favorite plate in front of his chair without even noticing.

——————

You finished knocking on everyone's doors. Everyone was at the table, eating silently.

Silently.

That was, until your Abuela spoke up.

"Everyone.. I have an announcement."

Everyone looked at her curiously, well, only the grandchildren.

"What is it Abuela?" Valentina asked.

"Someone from the town needed us?" Emilio questioned as well.

Diego stayed quiet from beside me and Bianca and the kids were too focused on their food to care about what was going on.

"No no. Nothing like that.. this announcement is for Y/n specifically. Though, I thought I'd let everyone know." She says with a sweet smile.

"Huh-" you say with your face half stuffed with food.

What did she need with you?

"Y/n, I've spoken with the Ramirez family.." she starts.

"The Ramirez family..?" You swallow. "Abuela- there's at least three Ramirez families in the Encanto. Which one?" You ask, raising your brow suspiciously.

"The one who owns the bakery. Nicolas and his father? Ring a bell?" She questions.

"Ah. Nicolas, the nice one giving me free conchas all the time. Yeah I know him. His dad, not so much. What about them?" You take a sip of orange juice.

"Well, me and his father have talked. And apparently, Nicolas has a thing for you mija. He'd like to get to know you better. And I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. Our perfect Y/n with the perfect Nicolas. A match made in Heaven." She beams as she speaks.

You used every ounce of strength you had to not spit out your drink. Thankfully, you made it and swallowed, coughing a bit. "Excuse me.. what? Abuela- I don't- are you- huh??" You mind raced as you tried processing all the information you were just given. This boy liked you?? But what about Camilo? You had just gotten with him!

"Mami, she's so young, I don't think she needs a boyfriend right now.." Your Tía Paola speaks up for the first time ever in a family meal.

You shoot a glance at her and she gives you a discreet smile that only you seemed to have noticed.

"Paola please." You Abuela holds up her hand to your Tía. "That's nonsense. No one is ever too young to fall in love. Plus, I've already talked to the family. We're having dinner with them this Wednesday. Although, there is one setback. Dinner will be held at the Madrigal household."
————-

WERE ALREADY ON CHAPTER TWENTY!! I was contemplating on weather or not to post because I feel bad for posting such short chapters. BUT. I came to the realization. If I posted longer chapters, I wouldn't be able to post everyday. So what's better? Longer chapters posted once a week? Or shorter chapters posted every day?

Anyways. Chapter twenty guys. That's so much. And I still have so much I want to do with this book. I hope u guys stick around to see it :)