Intermission_3

Intermission "He's what?!"————————-

Intermission
"He's what?!"
————————-

Everyone looked at me weirdly, except Mirabel,she looked at me worriedly.  The adults had their eyebrows raised in question while everyone else looked at me with concern.

I clear my throat and take a sip of my drink. "Sorry..." I mutter quietly.

Everyone goes back to the conversation, but Abuela eyes me suspiciously throughout. It's hard not to notice the way she sends questioning glares in my direction.

Alas, lunch ended. I didn't really pay attention to what everyone talked about after that. I only heard bits and pieces of stuff like, "Clean your rooms today.." "Antonio, tell the animals to keep off the couch.." and regular things like that. It was all too normal.

As I left the table, I walked out the house to see if anyone around town needed my help. In all honesty though, I didn't feel like helping anyone at the moment, so instead of walking down the main path, I walked a more hidden path with trees and bushes covering the area.

I needed to get my thoughts sorted out.

I walked down the path as the voices ran through my head. I was in deep thought when suddenly

"Primo!"

Mirabel.

I stopped and turned to the direction of her voice. Surely, it was sure.

"Mira."

She runs up to me. "You holding up okay..?"

I stare at her blankly. "What do you think?"

"Right.. stupid question. My bad.." she apologizes.

I sigh and rub my temples with my fingers, a habit I gained from my mother. "No it's fine it's just- it's just frustrating, having another guy plan to ask out your girlfriend.."

She stares at me with wide eyes.

Oh. I haven't told her yet.

"YOU GUYS ARE DATING?!" She yells, probably loud enough for the whole entire town to hear.

I place my index finger over my lips and shush her. "Shhhh! Not so loud!" I reprimand her.

"Why didn't you tell me-" she whisper yells, but I cut her off.

"Because when I came back you were asleep! And thanks to you, I had to sneak in on my own!"

"Hey- you should be great fun I even help you sneak out." She crosses her arms with an unamused face.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Still.. what am I supposed to do? Do I just, watch? Watch while another dude replaces me? Seriously what's even so great about that guy. Why'd he have to choose her, I mean yeah she's beautiful but finders keepers am I ri-"

"Primo shut up. You're being weird. And cringey. It's painful for me to even hear."

I roll my eyes. "You're just jealous you're single."

"Be quiet. That's not what we're focusing on. We're focusing on the fact that your girlfriend, who just so happens to be hated by the rest of our family, is being asked out by our family friend.."

"Wow really? Thanks captain obvious." I scoff.

"Let me finish idiot. There's only one thing that can stop that from happening." She starts.

"And what's that?"

"Sabotage." She smiles mischievously.

I smile along with her. "Okay, I like where this is going. Continue."

"Okay, so here's a few things. You have to try and be inconspicuous though. Be slick. Don't make it obvious. Try .........."

She tells me a few schemes she's thought of.

"Perfect."

——————-

Short chapter, but it gives some context to what happens next ;)