Rivals

Act 1 Scene 6 —————————"Flustered?"—————————

Act 1
Scene 6
—————————
"Flustered?"
—————————

The boy in front of you turned a vibrant pink, all the way up from his dimpled cheeks to the tip of his ears.

Now it was your time to laugh.

You stared into each other's eyes for a hot second. You noticed now that his eyes weren't simply just green, but they had multiple shades of green and a slight tint of hazel to them. Not only that, but light freckles dusted his face, almost as if someone had taken an oversized paint brush and flicked the excess paint on him, and somehow, the paint just happened to set in the perfect places.

He was really a sight to look at.

He caches himself staring back and he turned his head so he wouldn't have to look you in the eye while dancing. "You're really something huh.." He muttered.

You blink rapidly, shaking away the thoughts you were having of the boy you had just met.
"My mother always said I was unique." You say boastingly.

You can see him roll his eyes. "Well, she's not wrong." He lifts his head back up and meets your gaze once again.

Gosh..

Badump.

Badump.

There goes your heart again, for the second time this evening.

"Uh..." you start.

"Are you having fun?" He asks, his voice sweet and tender.

You only nod your head, completely entranced by the boy in front of you.

"Good. Then maybe.. you'd like to hang out sometime..? Other than here of course-!" He nearly fumbles over his last sentence.

You entranced expression is suddenly broke. A sly smile presents itself on your face. "Are you asking me out?"

"What if I am?" He retorts.

"Then I agree-"

"She's over there!" A very familiar and loud voice interrupts your moment.

You turn your head to the source of the sound. And low and behold, it was Bianca, pointing her index finger directly at you from across the room. And next to her was Diego, with the most distraught, shocked, angry, and confused face you had ever seen him have.

Diego marches over and and Bianca follows behind him. He grabs you by your wrist and pulls you away from the nice boy. "Y/n." He seethes, "What are you doing with him?"

"Huh? Diego I was just-" you start, but are quickly interrupted by the boy.

"You." He basically growls towards your cousin. He doesn't look like the nice boy you had been dancing with for the last year. His face was covered in anger and annoyance. The two of them exchanged intense glares.

You looked between the two, "Diego..? What's going on.."

"I don't know, Y/n. Care to tell me why you were dancing with Camilo?"

———-
Short chapter, but I had a shit ton of hw today!! I'll make part two to this TMR