See You Never

Act 3 Scene 2 "What is going on between you two?"———————-

Act 3
Scene 2
"What is going on between you two?"
———————-

You look up from Camilo's neck. His Abuela looked furious. Actually, almost everyone did. Everyone except Tía Paola of course, and Camilo's cousin, Mirabel. Those two looked more worried than anything.

"Abuela I- we're..." Camilo starts, but can't seem to find the right words.

She's about to say something else when suddenly her eyes widen and her nose crinkles even more. "You two.." her voice deepens as she stares at something near the two of you. You trail her gaze to see what she was looking at.

Oh.

She was staring at your two intertwined hands at Camilo's side.

Camilo seems to notice this too. "Abuela I can explain-"

"No, Camilo Madrigal. I've seen enough. Get up and go inside." She commands.

"But-" He protests.

"Now."

He looks back at you and gives your hand a final squeeze. "Goodbye Mariposa.."

You stare at him confused. "What-"

You're shushed by the feeling of two lips on your own.

Camilo. Madrigal. Was. Kissing. You.

In front of your two families that absolutely hated each other's guts.

A mix of giddiness and excitement flooded your senses. You shut your eyes and faded away in the moment. You couldn't help but smile as you kissed your boyfriend for the first time.

But alas, it had to end. The kiss what short and sweet, nothing too extravagant. Yet it was more enjoyable than what you had earlier with Nicolas.

When you broke apart, you offered him a small reassuring smile. "See you later, cariño.."

"I hope so.." he lets go of you and stands up. He walks with a goofy grin plastered on his face all the way inside.

Once he's gone, all eyes go on you. Lots of glares.

"Y/n. Let's go." Your pa says. "We have no business here anymore."

"Yes pa.." you pick yourself up from off the ground. You hadn't even noticed, but somewhere along your and Camilo's exchange, it had started snowing. Pepa.

A few snowflakes fell on you as you walked to join the rest of your disappointed family.

As you walked by Camilo's Abuela, she spoke. "I'll make sure my grandson never sees you again."

"I'd like to see you try, hag." You mutter under your breath.

You make it to your family.

Your mother grips you tightly by your shoulder and nobody says anything. It stays like that the whole way home.

——————-