Confessing is Weird

Act 2 Scene 3"You

Act 2
Scene 3
"You.. fell for me?"
——————————

You eyes shot around the area, looking for the boy. They stopped. He was right below you with an equally as shocked expression as you.

"Camilo! I-"

He lifts up a finger to his lips. "Shhhh!"

"Oh-" You cover your mouth with both hands, whisper yelling a small 'sorry.'

"It's fine!" He whisper yells back. "I, uh-" he looks around. He grabs a huge flower pot that happened to be nearby. He climbed onto it, now he was only a few inches away from your window.

"Camilo what are you doing here- you shouldn't be here.."

"I wanted to see you. I got worried when I didn't see you around town and- where even were you? Just here?"

You sigh and nod your head. "Yeah.. well.. I kinda got a bit hurt." You lift up your arm that was encased in a cast and laugh nervously.

He takes one look at it and his eyebrows furrow and his jaw drops. "A bit hurt?? That's a whole broken arm! Ay Y/n. I should've brought some of Julietta's food with me."

He pats around his ruana, checking to see if he had any food.

He sighs when he realizes he has none. "How did that even happen?" He looks back up at you.

"Long story... remember how we talked about our grandparents.. and the whole.. lying thing?" I bring my voice down.

He nods. "Uh huh."

"Well.. I tried doing some snooping in the middle of the night and kind of.. fell off the roof..?"

"You what?!"

It was your turn to shush him.

He covers his mouth just as you did before. "Sorry."

You let out a breath. "Geez.."

"But the roof?? I'm surprised you only got a broken arm. I'm glad it wasn't worse.."

"Yeah.. I am too.."

There was a short period of silence. The two of you stood there, glancing at everything but each other.

Until Camilo finally speaks up.

"Sooooo.. you uh. Have a thing for me, hermosa?" He builds up the courage to look at you, but with the shine of the moon, you could see his pink tinted cheeks.

You look at him with wide eyes. "You- you heard that??"

"Loud and clear." He nods, smiling slyly.

You roll your eyes. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't."

"Well I do too."

.
.
.

"What?"

"You heard me, princesa."

Your heart thumped from inside your chest. The blood rose to your ears as you stared blankly at the boy. He does too? What does that me? He likes me too?? Is that it?? There's no way-

"Uhm.. earth to Y/n?" He waved his hand in front of your face.

That broke you out of your mini trance. "What do you mean?"

"'I do too.' What do you mean by that..?" You ask cautiously as your heart raced faster with each word.

"You're not the only one who fell." He leaned closer and rested his arms and face on the windowsill. He stared longingly at you.

"So that means.." you start.

"I like you, Y/n Castillo."

————————

I'm really really busy this weekend with school work and family meeting things (pretty lame ik) so these chapters are probably short, but I'm still tryna post every day. But I will try and post extra chapters for you all if I have time.