Intermission_4

Intermission 4The Lunch Date—————————

Intermission 4
The Lunch Date
—————————

"Antonio!" I burst into his room, swinging the doors wide open.

He sat on his hammock, petting his pet cheetah, yet mami and papi wouldn't even let me get a cat, but that's aside the point.

I shut the door and ran to my little brother.

"Antoniooo! I need your help hombrecito."

"With?" He asks sitting up. He shoos his cheetah away but keeps a toucan on his shoulder.

"Well, tomorrow I need you to.." I whisper all the things that Mirabel and I had talked about earlier.

"Think you can do that for me?" I finish.

He places his little finger on his chin. "I dunno.. won't Abuela get mad?"

I wave my hand dismissively. "Pfftt. I doubt it. It's just a few pranks. We do that all the time don't we? Plus, even is she does get mad, you just tell her it was all my idea. I'll take all the blame."

"I still don't know.." he says.

"Five bucks." I offer.

"Ten."

"Deal." I sigh.

He holds out his hand. "Nice doing business with you, hermano." He smiles cheekily.

I shake his hand. "Yeah, yeah."

————————

It was time. The day passed. The Ramirez family and the Castillo family were coming over in less than an hour. Mirabel was in my room helping me get dressed.

I had changed from my usual yellow ruana to a yellow vest, very similar to Tío Agustin's, except it had a couple chameleon prints and and a yellow carnation. It couldn't hurt to look better than my competition right?

"Ay primo, your hair is so tangled. Do you even brush it?" Mirabel groaned as she attempted brush the knots out of my hair.

"Not so hard!" I winced. "Can't you be a little more, I don't know, gentle?!" My head moved along with the brush.

Mirabel smacks my head with the backside of the brush. "Keep your head still, not like chicle!" She yelled.

"Well sorry!" I roll my eyes as I try to keep my head still for my cousin.