Sneaking In

Act 3, Scene 4———————

Act 3, Scene 4
———————

I tried to make this longer and more detailed as an apology for not updating in forever, I hope you guys like it
———————

You sneaked along the sleeping village quietly. Everyone's candles were out for the day so it was almost completely dark. The only source of light was crescent moon that stood millions of miles above your figure.

No one was outside. All the shops and vendors were closed for the day seeing that it was nearly midnight. But just in case, you had your gift activated as you strolled through the quiet town. Ghost. That was your gift. It gave you the ability to and walk through any object and become multiple levels of transparent. This meant that you could choose to be completely invisible, somewhat transparent, or fully visible. You always thought it was quite useless, but in times like these, you couldn't help but be grateful for it. It made it easier and quicker to navigate.

It was the perfect gift for sneaking out.

As you neared closer to the Madrigal house, you could see a few candles still lit. You didn't know which room belonged to which Madrigal, only Camilo's, so you just hoped that the one who could hear everything was asleep.

You walked closer and closer, every once in a while checking to make sure you were completely invisible to the naked eye, which you were.

No sooner than three minutes, you found your boyfriend's window. There was a candle still lit on his windowsill, signifying that he was indeed still awake.

"Okay thank goodness.." you spoke to yourself more than anyone else. You were glad he was still awake, otherwise you would have came here for nothing.

You looked around the ground surrounding your feet. There were stick and rocks, but that wasn't what you were looking for. You needed something safer, something smaller. Your eyes practically shined as they landed on a small pebble that was no bigger than a chip. You bent your knees and grabbed a hold of the small pebble. You inspected it for a few moments before coming to the conclusion that it was perfect for the job.

You stood back up, readjusted your transparency so that now you were completely visible, and threw the pebble at the window. The pebble's collision with the window made a quiet, yet noticeable sound.

You waited in utter silence for your boyfriend to emerge from his room. It took maybe thirty seconds max, but it happened.

He looked down from his now opened window with a shocked expression evident on his features. "Y/n?? What are you doing here??" He nearly yells.

You bring my index finger up to your lips and shush your idiotic boyfriend. "Shh! Be quiet!" You whisper yell in return.

"Sorry!" He lowers his voice. "But seriously, what are you doing here-"

You cut him off before he can continue. "Look just- hold on a second okay? I'll explain when I get there."

"Huh?? When you get there? What are you-" your boyfriend seems even more confused than before and you cut him off.

You slowly become less transparent and you sink into the ground itself, slowly disappearing from your boyfriend's view. "Just wait.."

You can't help but chuckles as you look above the surface to see Camilo's head turning from side to side, desperately trying to look for you.

As much as you wanted to stick around and see your lover try and look for you, you knew you didn't have all the time in the world. So, you drifted under the earth's surface for a bit until you could safely make it into the Madrigal casa. Navigating the house was easy since you were invisible and had no chance of getting caught.

You quietly made your way up the stairs, careful to avoid any doors that had light shining from underneath them. You walked around until you stood in front of a door imprinted with the name "Camilo" on it. Sure enough, there was still some light shining from under his door. Without second thought, you walked through the door, still keeping your transparent appearance.

"Where the hell did she even go? I just saw her-" Camilo was pacing around his room, speaking to himself in the process. It was honestly kind of cute how he worried for you.

You slowly revealed yourself once more as you deactivated your gift. "I'm literally right here-"

Suddenly he jumped back and grabbed the closest thing to him and raised it as if he was ready to attack. When he grasped the situation at hand, he settled down. "What the hell? Where have you been? How are you in here?? And why did you sneak up on me like that?!"

You laughed at his reaction. "My gift remember?" You tapped your head as a gesture. "And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sneak up on you. I would have knocked but, well, you know, I'm not even supposed to be here."

He sighs as he puts what he was holding back where it came from and rubs the back of his neck. "Apology accepted I guess." He says sarcastically with his signature smile forming on his face. "Now, are you gonna tell me why you're here or what?"

"I think you know why I'm here Camilo.."

His face immediately drops as he reminisces on the day's events. "Yeah yeah.. I know.. I'm sorry okay? Doing that in front of everyone- I probably got you in so much trouble didn't I?"

You nod. "A lot of trouble. I'm not aloud to go out anymore. I'm practically grounded for life." It's your turn to sigh. "What about you? Are you in trouble?"

He pauses and looks panicked for a split second, but immediately covers it up. "Surprisingly, no. I'm not in trouble at all.."

I raise a brow. "You're not?"

He shakes his head no. "Nope. I guess I was just lucky. Abuela wasn't too harsh on me this time around." He laughs awkwardly and you can't shake the feeling that he's not telling you the whole truth. Nevertheless, you let it go. "Well I'm glad then. You didn't get it so bad.. I'm not even aloud to leave my room." You groan.

"Must suck."

"Mhm." You lift your head ever so slightly to meet Camilo's eyes.

"How about.. we run away?"