Bacon and a Side of Guilt

Act 2 Scene 6 "Dinner will be held at the Madrigal household"————————-

Act 2
Scene 6
"Dinner will be held at the Madrigal household"
————————-

"The Madrigal household??" You ask a little too enthusiastically.

Then it sinks in. The boy was planning on asking you out in front of your newfound boyfriend.

"Oh.. the Madrigal house.." you repeat, way less excitedly.

Somehow, you figured this wasn't going to end well at all.

"Why at the Madrigal house?" Diego scoffs while picking at his food.

"Yeah!" Bianca yells in agreement like she always does.

Abuela sighs. "Well apparently Lorenzo, Nicolas's father, is close friends with Alma. Childhood friends I believe. And he wants her to be there when Nicolas asks our perfect Y/n to go out."

"Ay Dios mío. I'm guessing we all have to go too?" Valentina asks while wiping the corner of her mouth with a napkin.

"Yes. All of us will be attending. As much as I don't like it, we have to leave a better impression on Lorenzo. For the sake of Y/n." She speaks.

"For the sake of Y/n." A few of the adults cheer to that, excluding Paola as you notice her giving you a worried look. Yet, you ignore it. You were too preoccupied by your own thoughts.

"I think our Y/n and Nicolas will make a perfect couple. He seems like such a sweet boy. Don't you think so, Y/n?" Your mother turns to you as she asks with a smile on her face.

"Yeah.. perfect.." you agree quietly as you plaster a fake smile on your face to not disappoint anyone.

"I think my daughter is too young to get a boyfriend! She doesn't need one at his age." Your father crosses his arms.

"No! It's okay Papa. This boy is nice! He gives us free food!" Your little twin sisters yell simultaneously.

Gosh, they really weren't making the situation any better.

"Ay, calm down Mateo." Tía Sol speaks up while waving her hands dismissively at your father. "No one is ever too young for love. And you know what they say, young love is the best type of love."

"I can vouch for that." Tío Francis spoke. Sol and him made lovey dovey eyes towards each other. Typical of the two.

The little kids make gagging noises.

"Anyways.." your Abuela speaks again. "I need you all to be on your best behavior at the Madrigal house. Or at least, seem to be on your best behavior in front of the Ramirez's. I don't care what you do as long as you don't get caught."

A few of them family members hum in satisfaction. Especially Valentina. You knew she thought of this as the perfect way to one up Isabela.

"Any other announcements Ma?" Mateo asks.

She shakes her head. "As of now, no. Just be prepared for Wednesday. I need it to be perfect. Nothing less than perfect. Everyone got that?"

"Sí Abuela." Everyone says.

"Good. To the Familia Castillo!" She raises her glass.

"To the Familia Castillo!" Everyone including you mimics her.

——————

Breakfast was over. You were heading out to the village to see if anyone needed help. As you walked through the isles of the small town, someone tapped your shoulder.

You turn around.

"Diego..?"

You were stunned. Your cousin, the one who had given you the silent treatment for almost a month now, was standing in front of you.

"What are you doing here..?" You question skeptically.

He sighs. "I wanted to talk to you.. I wanted to.. apologize."

Wow. Okay that was unexpected.

"Go on..." you say.

"I'm sorry for avoiding you, and not talking to you, and for being rude and all. I was just upset." He speaks.

"Upset? But at what? I don't know what even got you mad in the first place."

"You know.. that night. When I saw you dancing with that bastard, it got me angry. You knew how much I hated that guy yet you still danced with him and stared at him all lovey dovey. You ditched me and Bianca for him for crying out loud!" He seethes.

You sighed. This is really not how you wanted your first conversation in over a month to go. Yet, you were still somewhat happy you were actually speaking to eachother though. "Diego- I didn't know that was Camilo at the time. If I had know, I wouldn't have.. I wouldn't have.." you trail off and take a deep breath. "I never meant to do something that hurt you. After that night, I never even saw him again.."

Liar.

"Yeah I know.. at the time it just seemed like you liked him. But now that you'll be with Nicolas, I'm not worrying anymore so... friends again?"

"... right.. friends again."

He smiles for the first time you've seen him do so in a month. You were happy that you two were talking, yet guilty that you were basing your friendship on a lie now.

Extremely guilty.

————————
New chapter, I hope u guys enjoy. Also, if there's anything u want me to do for this book, leave suggestions and I'd gladly consider them :)