Never Come Back

—————-Act 1 Scene 7 —————-

—————-
Act 1
Scene 7
—————-

Your eyes widen as you look at the boy. He was not how your cousin described him at all! He definitely didn't have knotted hair or glowing green eyes or a shit eating smile!... well maybe he did have the shit eating smile.

He glances back at me and his eyes soften just a small bit. "You.. what's he talking about? You know him?" He asks you.

You nod slowly, not liking the uncomfortable atmosphere that surrounds the four of you.

"Everyone! We found her! She's over ..." Bianca yells, presumably directed to the rest of your family members and them only.

Diego speaks up. "Of course she knows me. She's my cousin."

"Cousin..? You two are related..?" He looks between you and Diego, but ultimately, his gaze lands on you. "You're a Castillo." He says with a tinge of sadness in his voice.

"And you're a Madrigal.." you finish.

"Hell yeah he's a Madrigal! Y/n what were you thinking?! Dancing with.. with someone like him!" Your cousin Diego yells, causing you to flinch from his sudden outburst.

You look down at the floor, holding your hands tightly in one another, leaving nail marks from the anxiousness. "I didn't know.." you manage a whisper.

"Didn't know what?" A voice interrupts the conversation from behind you.

You lift your head and turn to the source with wide eyes. "Abuela- I swear I didn't-"

Your Abuela there staring at you, and the rest of the family was right there next to her.

Bianca butts in as usual. "Y/n was dancing with that Madrigal over there!" She yells, her voice not nearly as cheerful as it usually is.

Your Abuela looks between you and the Madrigal a few feet away from you. She glares at him. "Y/n. Here. Now."

You take a step, offering one more glance at the boy, Camilo.

He grabs your hand before you could take another step and he brings his voice down to a whisper. "I.. still want to hangout-"

Slap.

Diego stood in front of you, his hand reddening from impact. In front of him was Camilo with his head tilted to the side. A red hand mark was forming on his left cheek.

"Stay away from my cousin." Diego seethed.

"Diego-!" You shout angrily, about to tell him off.

"Y/n! Here! Now! I won't say it again!" Abuela Julia yelled. By now everyone at the party was staring, and you could see the rest of the Madrigal family pushing through the crowd, trying to make their way to their now injured child.

You freeze, but obey. You walk over to the rest of your family and Bianca and Diego follow after you. You all head towards the exit.

"Never come back here!" One of the Madrigals yells, most likely the head of the house.

———————
I love Diego, but c'mon, I had to😎