The Judge

Act 2Scene 4 "I like you, Y/n Castillo

Act 2
Scene 4
"I like you, Y/n Castillo."
——————————————

By this point, you could swear that he would be able to hear the thumping that came from your heart too. You stood there stunned, shocked, and all their synonyms.

"I- you- you what?" You stuttered out, barely. It surprised you that you were even able to let out a coherent sentence after what he had just said.

"You're really gonna make me say it again?" He asks with the smile still present on that freckled face of his.

"Uh.. uh huh.. just- to make sure this is real.." you say, resting a palm on your forehead to see if you were feeling warm at all. To your astonishment, your forehead seemed to be perfectly fine.

"I saiddddd, I like you, Y/n." He said, looking straight at you.

"And you're.. you're not joking..?" You ask, still unsure.

"Nope. I'm a hundred percent serious, for once. ...Wow, never thought I'd be saying that sentence." He chuckled quietly.

"Pinch me."

"What?"

"I said pinch me, Camilo."

He sighs as he leans forward and pinches your arm. You let out a quiet 'Ow' as you retract your hand.

"Believe me now?"

You nod your head slowly. "Sooo... what now..?"

His face suddenly burns red, which confused you since he seemed fine no more than a minute ago.

"Actually.. I came here meaning to ask you something else. And well, right now seems to be an appropriate time to ask.." he starts, drifting his gaze from you.

"Yeah..?"

Heat streamed to every sector of your body. Was he about to ask what you thought he was about to ask? There's no way right?

"Well since.. I like you, you like me.. would you maybe want to.. go out..?" He asks, playing with his hands as he looks back up at you.

Yup. You're pretty sure your heart just short circuited right there.

"I..." As much as you tried, you couldn't get out a single word.

"If you don't want to that's fine too-"

"No!" You interrupt him before he is able to finish his sentence.

"No?"

"I'd like to go out with you Camilo.. I'd really like to.. but what about our families..? ..you know we can't.."

"I don't care about our families!" He says. He jumps up and climbs in through the windowsill. He holds both of your hands in his own.

"I don't care about our families Y/n.. They don't have to know. We can keep it a secret. No one has to know.." he whispers, squeezing your hands.

The small gesture made your heart go boom for the millionth time that night. "Camilo.." you sigh. "Okay.. we'll keep it a secret.." you smile.

He grins from ear to ear. His signature lopsided smile. "Thank you.." he says and hugs you tightly.

You don't hesitate to hug him back. "No problem, hermoso." You mimic the nickname he always uses for you.

"Wait-" you say and suddenly pull back. "Your sister. Cant she hear all of this?" You ask worriedly.

"Oh, Dolores? No. I made sure I left while she was asleep. She can't hear a thing."

You sigh in relief. "Good."

Suddenly the door knob starts to jiggle. Both your and your new lover's eyes widen. "Hide- you whisper yell at him.

He nods and practically dives into your closet.

The door opens. It was your Tía Paola.

You stand there awkwardly with a guilty smile plastered on your face. "Ah- Hola Tía! You should've knocked-"

She smiles slyly. She walks in, closes the door behind her and takes a seat on your bed. "Hola.."

"What're you uh.. doing here?.. sooo.. late?" You ask her.

"Oh you know.. I just wanted to check up on my niece. See how she's doing."

"Ohhh. I'm doing fine Tía Paola. Nothing to worry about.. you should probably go and sleep.. it's pretty late-"

"Quiet." She starts. "Come out of the closet boy. I know you're in there."

"Tía what are you talking abo-"

She rolls her eyes, stands up, and opens the closet up herself.

A shocked Camilo falls out.

"Tía-"

"So this is the boy? Huh, I haven't seen him up close." She looks over Camilo with a judging eye.

He backs away nervously. "Uh.."

She grabs him and observes his hair, face, eyes, everything.

"Tiaaaa!" You grab Camilo away from your aunt, holding him by his arm.

"Hm..."

"You won't.. you won't tell anyone in the family about him right?" You ask nervously, holding on to his arm even tighter.

"What? No of course I won't. I'm not some evil witch-"

"But he's a Madrigal! You hate them don't you?"

"Huh? No- dated one of them back when I was your age too. Ah, the good ol' days."

"You what-"                         
"Was it Bruno-"

"Hush. Anyways, I like him. I won't say anything. And you." She stares straight at Camilo. "You better not hurt my niece, or else I will send you six feet under. Got that muchacho?" She says in a threatening tone.

He gulps and nods nervously. "Yes ma'am. I got it."

She smiles. "Good. I'll be taking my leave now. You two.. can go back to being cringey little teenagers." She sighs. "Adios." She leaves.

"That. Was scary." Camilo holds a hand up to his chest.

"Tell me about it." You agree.
———————————

Woahhhhhh another post.