Someone's a Liar

Act 1  Scene 9 ————————"I want to get to know you Castillo

Act 1
Scene 9
————————
"I want to get to know you Castillo."
—————————

You looked up at Camilo who was still extremely close. "Uhm.."

He snaps out of his trance and backs away awkwardly and panicky. "Ah- sorry! I didn't mean to get so clo-"

You stop him by placing your index finger over his lips. "Don't apologize, it's okay."  You bring your finger away and take a seat on a large rock.

"Now, Mister Kidnapper. How long are you planning on keeping me hostage?" You also with your arms crossed in front of your chest.

"Hey, I'm not a kidnapper." He raises his hands defensively. "Buuuut. Maybe an hour. Before your family starts wondering where you are." He shifts into your dad, except he made his eyes glow and made his hair hand on its own, striking a menacing pose like some clown who was hired for a kids birthday party.

You roll you eyes. "My dad does not look like that." You deadpan.

Camilo shifts back to himself and tucks a curl of hair behind his ear. "Oh that was your dad? I just shifted into any family member I remember. Huh, guess I haven't seen him in a long time."

You shrug. "Guess not. But your gift is pretty cool."

"Yes, I know. My gift is amazing, hermosa." He boasts with his lopsided smile.

You stand up. "My gift is cooler. So long, hermoso." You mimic his nickname as you walk through the wall and leave the cave.

He tries reaching for your hand before you could leave the cave completely. "Wait, Y/n!" He's a second too late and you slip out.

He runs out and checks the side of the cave. There you were, leaning on the rocks as you offered a sly grin. "Hey"

"You-"

"Have a better gift? Yes, I know." You walk through the walls and go back into the cave. A minute later, Camilo makes it back inside too.

"Yeah yeah, your gift is pretty cool. But I'm afraid, I'm still not convinced." He shifts into an almost perfect replica of you. As you examined your features in front of you, you couldn't help but question yourself. The version of you in front of you seemed prettier, better.

"Princesa" Camilo finishes.

You don't even make a remark on the nickname as you are still studying your clone. "Hm... you don't look like me."

He tilts his head in confusion, his eyes widening just a bit. "What do you mean? Of course I do." He gives an awkward laugh.

"No.. you look better than I do. That's not me.." you down at the floor and mess with the dirt below your shoes.

"Oh. I get why you're confused." He moves a little closer and holds your hand. "The thing about my gift, it's a little odd. When I shift into people, I shift into how I see them! Sooo what you're seeing right now.. is how I see you."

You look back up, and to your surprise, he's already looking down at you. "Camilo.."

"Sí..?" He says softly.

"You're such a flirt." You laugh as you let go of is hand.

He laughs too. "Well, I get it from my dad."

This piques your interest. His family. You had gotten so divulged in the conversation that you had nearly forgotten who he was. A Madrigal.

"Your father? What's he like..?" You ask curiously, wanting to know a bit more about the forbidden family.

"My dad? Well, I guess, I don't know. He's really nice, a hopeless romantic towards my mom. Funny. He loves all of us. Stuff like that. Why?"

"And your mom?" You ask, ignoring his question.

"Uhhhh. Well she's a bit much, but I still love her. She's always trying to be calm or happy so that she doesn't cause some natural disaster or something. She's really overprotective of me though."

"She sounds nice.." you whisper.

"Oh she is! I love her very much. But why are you asking?"

You sit down at the rock you had been sitting in before. "Camilo. Why does your family hate mine?"

He sits down next to you. "I'm not a hundred percent sure, but my Abuela kinda blames my Abuelo's death on your Abuelo's."

Your eyes widen. "What? But how? Why-"

"Apparently your Abuelo dragged my Abuelo into trying to fight off the raiders against his will.."

"That doesn't make sense.. my family says it's the other way around!"

He looks at you confused. "What? Then who's telling the truth?"

"I.. I don't know.."

"Well someone is lying."

——————-
Could it be?? I'm actually feeding into some sort of plot??!?!?😱