He knows.

Act 2 Scene 9 ——————

Act 2
Scene 9
——————

You glanced around. The majority of your family was watching you two. "Uhm.. well thank you.. hermoso."

"Anything for you." He reached behind him and grabbed a beautiful pearl necklace.

You sneaked a quick look at Camilo, who looked furious. He gritted his teeth as he squished the poor empanada in his hand.

You turn your attention back at the lovestruck boy beside you. " it's really pretty.."

You're about to grab it but he pulls away.

"No no, allow me." He stands and goes behind you. He lifts your hair up which gives you chills.

Smoke was basically coming out of Camilo's ears at this point, it was both hilarious and cute.

As Nicolas begins to clasp the gift around your neck, the shapeshifter across from you starts coughing obnoxiously loud for an extended period of time. Everyone stares at him wide eyed, even you.

After his little fit was over, Camilo sarcastically apologized. "Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt."

"Yeah right.." Nicolas mutters under his breath, so quietly that only you, and the one that can hear everything, heard.

He glares at Camilo as he takes his seat.

Uh oh.

There's an uncomfortable atmosphere floating in the air. That is until, Tía Paola comes in clutch by mumbling a joke that everyone seems to laugh at.

You turn to Nicolas. "Thanks for offering the help, but I can do it on my own." You offer him a genuine smile as you clasp the necklace on your own.

His anger diminishes as you lure is attention away from Camilo. "Right.. no problem princesa." He whispers so softly.

You were about to say something, when suddenly two rats scurried along the table and jumped on poor Nicolas. He was up and screaming for the second time within the last thirty minutes. In that process, he accidentally knocks over the red head's wine glass. She scowls and a rain cloud appears over her head. Alma whispers something to her and she begins to calm down.

Camilo's little brother, Antonio, speaks up. "No no! Don't be scared! They like you because you smell like sweets!"

"Ah, is that so?" His voice trails off as he sends a dirty look to a chuckling Camilo. "That's nice.. but could you tell them to get off me please?" He seethes. His anger is not directed to the rats, nor to Antonio, but to Camilo.

"You don't like them..?" Antonio asked as he pouted and tears formed at the corners of his eyes.

Poor kid..

"No it's not that." Nicolas starts. " I'm just trying to eat. Tell the rats that if they get off of me, I'll give them a free concha."

The rodents immediately ran off, persuaded by his offer.

Nicolas sits down and dusts off his clothes. "That little-" he whispers angrily.

"Hey, don't say that about the little kid-" you whisper, trying to defend Antonio.

"I'm not talking about Antonio. Im talking about Camilo." He seethes.

"Wha? What do you mean? Why're you bringing him up?" You laugh awkwardly.

"Haven't you noticed the way he-" he pauses. "Nevermind. I'll tell you later. I don't want to ruin this time with you with my bad mood. Actually.. Y/n, I wanted to talk-"

He's interrupted.

Camilo.

"Y/n is it? That's a cool name. Nice to meet you, I'm Camilo."

You turn to the infamous prankster. What was he doing?

"Uhm.. nice to meet you too?" You offer an awkward smile to seem polite.

"Uh, do you like the food?" He asks.

This was getting weird and awkward. You could practically feel Nicolas's gaze burning through Camilo as he spoke. The quietness of everyone else at the table didn't help either.

"Yeah it's-"

"Actually." Nicolas interrupts. "I was about to ask-"

"For more punch?" Camilo asks while tilting his head to the side as if he was clueless. He smiles, "Noticed your glass is getting empty.. Don't worry, I got you." He leans over the table and gestures to another member of his family.

"Mira! Could you get Nicolas some more punch please?"

She points a finger to herself as if asking 'me?' Camilo nods and she seems to have got his words. "Oh yeah, of course.."

"Do you see what I mean?" Nicolas whispers to you.

"Sorry I don't-"

Mirabel makes her way over to the two of you. As she pours punch into his cup, she she accidentally pours some on his clothes too.

The girl immediately apologizes.

"Mira don't apologize. It was a clumsy accident. Here, some napkins." Camilo passes Nicolas some napkins while maintaining a shit-eating grin on his face.

"Thank you." Nicolas says sarcastically.

"No problem, Ramirez." Camilo says, equally as sarcastic.

It was barely now that you take a good look at Nicolas's clothes. His silky white shirt was now stained with red from the punch. "Oh God, your clothes-"

"Mirabel!" Alma yells.

"It's okay, it's fine." Nicolas says, trying to keep his composure.

"It's not fine. Nicolas, there's a bathroom inside. Keep going right and you'll be there. Go clean yourself up. Y/n, please go and help him." Alma instructs.

'Me? Why me??' You thought. 'Oh.' You got what she was trying to do.

"Alright.." You mutter. You and Nicolas stand up, but as you're about to walk away, the girls stops you. "I'll go- I'll show you guys where it is. Come with me."

She stands between you and Nicolas as she shows us the way inside.

You sigh,

This is going to be a long lunch.

——————-

Another chapter, enjoyyyyyy