𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐬

" we need a twin pram, two Moses baskets, we basically need double of everything" I said and rested a note pad on my five month belly

" double everything and double money fabulous" she said her voice lacing with sarcasm

" right there's no need to be like that, it's not my fault it's twins" I said and she laughed

" I literally didn't say anything, and I'm not blaming you so" she said and I rolled my eyes

" I want handmade blankets with their names on them also" I said and she groaned

" is that really necessary?"

" yes Johanna, I want my babies having their names on them. I've seen people in the capital with them so I want them for my babies" I said and crossed my arms

" so you want our babies looking like capital children Brainless?"

" no I don't want our kids looking like fucking capital children but I want them to have nice things, so get fucking over it because I'm getting them blankets done I don't care" I said and waddled into the kitchen grabbing my cleaning supplies and began to scrub the kitchen.

It looked like a bomb hit it even though I cleaned it too to bottom yesterday, it's like living in a pig sty.

" what are you doing?" Johanna asked from behind me

" cleaning, what does it look like?" I said blankly and sprayed my disinfectant spray on the counters

" you literally did this yesterday" she said and I rolled my eyes

" well Johanna it's filthy again so I've to do it all over again" I said and wiped the counters clean

" your gonna end up putting yourself into labour Katniss if you don't be careful" she said and I sighed

" I'm fine, I know my limits Jo" I said and continued

" whatever, I'm going to the markets you want anything?" She asked

" yeah get me some chocolate please" I said and she nodded leaving the house

" you know one of your mommy's can be a bitch sometimes" I said as I rubbed my stomach sitting on the kitchen chair catching my breath

" we are also very excited to meet you both, we finally know your names, baby A is Roman Leo Mason, your middle name is your uncle you never got to meet but that's ok because he's looking down on you from above, Baby B is Riley Sam Mason, you also have you other uncles middle name, Mommy made sure their names where in your names. You have an Aunt Jamie and an Aunt Primrose, you won't get to meet them either but they love you, Grandma and Grandpa love you both as well, Grandma and Grandpa Mason are in heaven with Grandpa Everdeen but Grandma Everdeen is still alive, alive or dead you are their first grandchildren"

I felt tears well up in my eyes as I spoke to the babies, I don't do this much but when I do I feel so much closer to them, Johanna would plant kisses on my stomach, they've kicked her mouth a couple times which we both found so funny. I'm nervous though, I haven't had great experiences with babies because when Prim was born I was only four, having these kids are going to be shock and we will have to snap into motherhood straight away.  I know Johanna is nervous because she can't control it, she can't control when one baby cries or one baby poops, we've just got to go with it.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the phone ringing, it takes a little while to get up off of the chair, god I'm like a beached whale

" Hello?" 
" Hi Katniss"
" hi mom, what's up?"
" what I'm I not aloud to call my daughter? I just wanted to see how you were"
" Yeah I'm good, just getting fatter by the day. How's things in the hospital?"
" they are keeping me busy anyway, the people here are excited about the news of the babies, they are jealous that I'm the grandma"
" there's actually something I've been meaning to asked you, I know I have my own midwife in seven but I would like you to help when I'm delivering, you don't have to say yes but I just thought I'd ask"
" Oh Katniss of course I will, it would be an honour, when are you due?"
" January but AJ my midwife suggested if I asked you to come maybe a month early, you'll be here for Christmas. She has a feeling I'll go early"
" Don't worry I'll be there, ok hunny I've got to go, talk soon love you"
" love you too"

I hung up the phone happy she said yes, I would've been upset if she said no. I really want her to deliver my babies and her grandbabies. I think it would be good for her after everything she's been through, more people to add to the family and love, Johanna also really wanted her here also, she really likes my mom. I know of Prim was still alive she wouldn't of said no if I tried to turn her away from helping AJ, she would've probably never spoken to me again, that's something I couldn't of been able to live with, or should I say I wouldn't of been able to live with.