Chapter 17

Disclaimer: Its 666DeadlyNightshade, once again unhappily reporting that I do NOT own Naruto. Sadly.

Unknown Pov

I walked around the forest, hoping fresh air will hep me regain my strength. I didn't really pay attention to where I was going. (In retrospect that's probably not a good idea.) Soon I heard a voice that I unfortunately did not recognize.

It sounded like it was having a conversation, so I walked towards it as it sounded familiar. I walked out of the trees and saw a bubbling stream with my student and a fire. "Ryuu?" I asked stepping towards him and taking in his dishiveled appearance.

His hair was a mess his clothes were dirty and his jacket was burnt. I assume from lighting the fire. He was also slightly damp. What the hell?

"Kakashi!" Ryuu said startled as he turned towards me.

"What are you doing here?" We asked simultaneously. I chuckled awkwardly.

"You first." I commended.

"I was just about to eat before training some more." Ryuu told me. "You?" He added.

"I was walking and I heard you. Where have you been the past two days?" I asked curiously.

"I was training. I mastered the tree walking on the first day, though before leaving Naruto and Sasuke and training on my own. Want some?" He said before offering me some fish after gutting them and putting them on the fire.

I shook my head, I already ate. "Can I stay though? I want to see how your training is going." I commented. Ryuu nodded, seeming quiet today.

Ryuu Pov

'NATHAN SHUTUP!!! He is my sensei you perverted asshole!' I screamed in ky head at Nathan. I am starting to get seriously annoyed at his constant perverted remarks. He lightly snickered but obeyed my orders. 'Hehe I am good.' I inwardly smirked.

Kakashi Pov

Ryuu barely waited for the fish to finish cooking before he scarfed it down. "When was the last time you ate?" I asked as he picked the bones clean in 5 minutes with his violent feeding.

"When you woke up?" He said sheepishly. Oh my Kami! No wonder he scarfs it down like its his last meal. I looked at him incredulously with my one eye wide open. Once Ryuu finished the last of the fish he stood up and tossed dirt on the fire.

I recovered quickly. "Will you show me what you have learner recently?" I asked after masking ky obvious astonishment.

"Sure." He said crackings a smile, I guess in a better mood after eating. First Ryuu walked to a tree and walked to the top before jumping carefully down branch by branch untold he got to one ten ft above the ground. He jumped the rest of the way and made a small crater.

"Oops. I didn't think I was that fat. Wait I have my weights on. Nevermind then." He muttered. I stayed silent and waited for him tto finish. Ryuu took off his jacket and the weights on his arms.

He took weights off his legs too before setting them all gently on the ground. I finally noticed he was barefoot. Man I need to be a bit more observant. (Sure you do Kakashi. You still don't realize Ryuu is a girl.)

Ryuu walked towards the stream. I wondered why until he stepped into- I mean ONTO- the stream. Well that makes more sense I muse. He came back and slipped back into his weights. "Is that all?" I asked, not that I thought it was a small amount. Quite the oppossite I just know that Ryuu is a bit stronger than he lets on.

"No. I can also do the fireball Jutsu and am working wit my katana." He informed me. Ryuu has accomplished quite a bit in a short amount of time.

"Alright. What will you be working on now?" I asked from the stump I am sitting on.

"Katana. I use 3 sword style. Keep an eye out. I have been training myself since I got them." He told me. I made sure to do as he said as he pulled his katana out. He put the purple bladed one is his mouth with black in his left and orange in his right.

Ryuu began to strike out going for basic moves. His strokes were fluid and direct surprisingly not sloppy like most first timers. Instead of using his blades seperately he used them as one, like extensions of himself as a master would.

Who is this teenager? He appeared out of the blue with his changing eyes and abilities unknown. I don't know what to make of him. Yet there is something about him. Its as if he understands pain and accepts it unlike so many of us.

How did his mother die? And why does he hate his real father? And most of all, what the hell is he hiding?! All these questions and no answers. What is it about this boy that draws me to him? I care about him more than I should and even want to protect him.

When I told him we should tell the Hokage about his chakra natures he seemed genuinely terrified. Ryuu immediately assumed he would be tested on, as if It had happened before.

I have made up my mind. I must protect him. I continued to watch his sword fighting, lost in his movements for hours. Until the sun went down without my notice. Ryuu approached me. "You should get back. It cant be good for your health for you to be out this long." He told me.

"What about you?" I asked standing up and balancing on my crutch. I was stalling.

"I will be fine. Go." He told me smiling.

"I don't remember the way back." I told Ryuu guiltily. I really don't have any idea how I got here. Ryuu smiled and sighed.

"Guess I will be sleeping inside for once. Grab on." Ryuu said offering his hand which I gripped onto. His hand was small and limber, almost feminine. He made a handsign with his other hand. Teleportation Jutsu.

He brought us to our room at Tazuna's home. I let go of his hand and he smiled weakly before collapsing in the ground. Chakra depletion. Ryuu had practiced his swordfighting with shadiwclones. I picked him up grunting a bit from his weights.

Before I set him on the bed I took off his weights, it must be uncomfortable to sleep in them. When I took the last weight off his left arm I saw a long scar traveling down the vein of his arm.

Beside it there were several more scars and from the angle they could have only been.............. self inflicted. What caused him to do this to himself? And if not him (unlikely) who?