?? Part 20

"Did Aaron give you a ride?" Was the first thing that Jesus said to me as I opened the front door and took off my backpack. I glanced up at him, making it quite obvious of my annoyance.

"I walked." I said blatantly, brushing past him and going to run upstairs. He didn't say anything, so i retreated to mine and Marianas room quickly. She wasn't home yet, which had become a usual occurrence lately. I haven't spoken to her in two days. When she does end up coming home, I'm usually already in bed.

"Look, i know you're mad at me, but can you just let Aaron drive you home for now on?" I jumped slightly at the sound of Jesus's voice. I turned from the bed to face him. He had his arms crossed, flexing the muscles that where reveled from his orange tank top.

"Why does it even matter? Its only a few blocks." 

"Yeah but the short cut you take it through some pretty bad areas." He clearly was getting frustrated with my objections, but i wasn't going to let him have control over everything that i do.

"Why aren't you walking home anymore?' I didn't mean to change the subject, but i was curious. Just last week he was everyday but not now.

"That's not any of your business."

"it is if you think you can tell me what to do since you're not around." I retorted. This conversation was getting exhausting and i started to wonder when Leena would get home.

"Hadl-" He started, but the sound of the doorbell cut him off. He turned around to walk out, but paused at the door. "Just accept Aarons rides from now on, please." It wasn't a question, it was more of a command. With that he walked out.

I heard faintly Lexi saying hello, and shut the bedroom door. The last thing i was in the mood for today was confrontation with her. I pressed my ear against the wood, listening as their footsteps mobbed past and Jesus's door slammed shut. Now i really wondered when Leena would get home.

I plopped down on the bed, unzipping the jacket i had on and laying down in just a tanktop. The house phone that was sat next to Mariana's bed started ringing, and i jolted up to grab it.

"Hello?" There was a brief pause before Leena answered.

"Hadley? Im going to be late today. There's been rumors about someone dealing at school. I'll be home around the time Steph gets there, so can you start dinner? There's frozen chicken and brown rice you can make."

I agreed, and we said our goodbyes. I shimmed out of the skinny jeans i was wearing and put on some black spandex shorts, and pulled on one of Marianas loose tee shirts. I twisted my hair into a top knot and made my way to the kitchen.

All of the pans where easy to locate, because Steph kept them in a long drawer underneath the oven. I pulled out one large sauce pan and one boiling pot. Once the stove top was hot enough, i put them both on.

"Oh, hi Hadley!" I groaned quietly and stretched a fake grin on my face and turned to Lexi.

"Hi!" I said with as much enthusiasm as i could muster. I scanned her outfit, or what was left of it. She was wearing similar shorts to the ones i had on and one of Jesus's sweaters.

"You look very... at home." She was clearly trying to get me angry, but i couldn't take her serious.

"Yeah, we're practically matching." She scoffed, turning it into a tight giggle. I raised my eyebrows until i realized that Jesus was approaching the kitchen. He looked skeptically at me, and then back at Lexi.

"Are you making dinner?' He asked, walking over the stove and puling the lid off the sauce pan. I nodded, standing next to him and grabbing the handle out of his grasp. I set it back on and adjusted the heat to a higher setting.

"Leena's late, she said someones been dealing drugs at school i guess." I shrugged, but paused when i saw a strange expression cover Jesus's features. "You wouldn't know about that,would you?" 

"Of course not." He practically hissed, moving away from me and going to grab a water bottle out of the fridge. "Is it even actual drugs? I haven't seen anyone walking around looking high." He muttered, but was loud enough for me to hear.

"I mean there are a lot of different types of drugs, Who knows. Hey, have you seen Mariana lately?" I didn't want to ask, but at this point i was getting the feeling that something was up.

"Oh, yeah. Why?" He said it so nonchalantly that it sounded suspicious, i barley caught it.

"It just seems like shes avoiding me. Did i do something wrong? Has she told you?" I even turned to Lexi, not caring if i sounded childish. I didn't want her to be upset with me.

"Maybe shes upset she has to share a room with you." Lexi snorted, and if i want in the state of vulnerability i would've hit her.

"She isn't upset with you at all. She just has some friend issues going on. Don't worry about it." Jesus shot a pointed look at Mariana and then turned to me, "Give her a while, she'll come around." He gave a light smile before going back upstairs, pulling Lexi behind him

((((sorry for any mistakes. also sorry for not updating for 8 months oops))).