Chapter 16

I sunk my teeth into my ripe apple as I sat in the middle of the caotic lunch room.

I was crammed between Mariana and Lexi, and sitting across from Aaron and Sebastian.

I didn't talk much, mainly because no one was asking for my opinion.

I glanced up at Sebastian as he threw his head back in laughter at something Aaron said.

His white teeth flashing themselves barley as he smiled.

Man, if anybody could make your stomach ache when you look at them it was definitely him.

A slam of a lunch tray pulled me from my swooning.I looked to the right of Lexi and saw Jesus taking a seat next to Aaron, diagonal from me.

"Dude, the test in Walters almost killed me!" He exclaimed, taking a chunk of his blueberry muffin and shoving it into his mouth.

Aaron nodded in agreement, looking directly at me.

"Hadley don't you have Walters?" He asked, taking a long sip from his water bottle, his eyes never leaving my face.

I shook my head, setting down the apple and wiping my hands on my jeans.

"No, I have Bough, but all classes take the same tests." Jesus crinkled his eyebrows, looking at Sebastian for his opinion.

"Yeah guys, we've been taking the same tests all year haven't you noticed?" He raised his right eyebrow, chuckling slightly and glancing his eyes at me.

"Hadley's only been here for what, three months?And even she knows what's going on more than you two oafs."

I grinned, my cheeks flushing from Sebastian's comment.

"Yeah,yeah.So, you guys wanna hang out after school? Got the house all to ourselves." Jesus suggested, now tearing open a bag of spicy cheetos.

Aaron shrugged, piling his food wrappers back onto his lunch tray.

"I don't know man, my mom found out about my party so I'm sort of on her radar now."

Jesus nodded understandingly, and turned to Sebastian.

"I can.My parents are on another call, so I've been home alone." Earlier, Mariana told me that Sebastian doesn't really like conflict and disobeying his parents in anyway.

Which is why even though the many opportunities he has with his on call doctor parents, he never throws parties or does anything illegal.

"Alright, I'll order some pizzas and we can finish that history assignment."

I scrunched my nose. I've always wondered what boys did when they hung out, and I guess it's basically just normal everyday stuff.

Weird.

I walked home alone today.Mariana and Lexi had to stop by Lexi's house to get her pajamas and Jesus and Sebastian both got a ride with some girl.

I sprinted up the front steps and pulled out the house key Stef had made for Callie and I.

"Hello?" I shouted, walking through the living room and into the kitchen.

There was no response, causing me to sigh. Now I probably had about ten minutes to eat and barricade myself into Mariana's bedroom.

After grabbing an almost brown banana and water bottle, I hopped up the steps and pushed my way into the bedroom.

I took off my backpack and set it on the floor to the right of the door, taking my shoes off and leaving them next to it.

"Hadley?" A voice shouted from downstairs. I groaned, can I never have the house to myself?

"What?" I asked back, walking to the staircase. Jesus appeared in front of the door, Sebastian walking right in.Probably to the kitchen.

"Can you make us some popcorn?" He stuck out his bottom lip, making his eyes seem to grow larger.I rolled my eyes, continuing down the steps until I was in front of him.

"I thought you were ordering pizza." I stated, crossing my arms.

"We are but Mariana and Lexi don't want any." He explained, putting his hand lightly on my shoulder.

"Please?" He whined. I nudged his hand off and turned to walk to the kitchen.

"I owe you one!" He called after me, cupping his hands around his mouth.

I stifled my laughter.

"I'll add it to the list!"