22

Well, now that Jesus decided to drag me along to the party, Mariana decided to go to the mall tomorrow instead. I was upset to be honest. I was really looking forward to spending time with her again. I was hoping to find out why she was being so distant. I guess I can tomorrow, but she may change her mind on what she tells me about.

"We're going in an hour!" Jesus shouted from behind the bathroom door. I sighed, and wrapped a towel around my hair. I tucked myself in a bath robe and grabbed my toothbrush.

While I was brushing, I debated what I would wear. It wasn't as if I would be in the, "scene" much anyways. I might as well dress in something comfortable.

I trudged to Mariana's room, opening her closet that somehow became classified as mine as well. I grabbed a pair of light wash jeans and a UCLA sweatshirt. I slipped on the same flip-flops i'd been wearing for a week and made my way downstairs.

"Hads...are you really going to the party in that?" I chuckled at Mariana's contorted expression. She shook her head and sighed. "There's gonna be upper classmen- like seniors. Do you really want to go looking like you're about to take an exam?"

"I would much rather her go in that than in a dress that ends under her ass." I looked over my shoulder and saw Jesus. He was wearing white khaki shorts and a pastel blue polo. I tore away my gaze to stop from staring.

"Are we gonna walk there?" I asked, looking out the window. It was nearing six, and the sky was turning to an orange hue.

"No, Lexi's friend is going to pick us up." I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, already knowing that i'd be ditched.

Her friend- whose name Jesus told me but I forgot- pulled up in a white Volkswagen. Surprisingly, Lexi wasn't with her. I crammed into the back seats and Jesus followed.

"She's picking up her boyfriend." He said bashfully, his leg bumping again'st mine.

After an uncomfortable ride, with the girl and her boyfriend kissing at every single stop like clockwork, we arrived at Aaron's house. It was the classic party scene. People pulling up with their windows down and music blasting. Girls standing in groups out front and people waiting by the front door. The windows of his three story house were rolled down, letting whatever dubstep music he was playing ring through the whole neighborhood.

"Well he sure doesn't spare any cost." I mumbled, not meaning for Jesus to hear. He did though, and let out a short chuckle.

"I'll introduce you to some people."

So, it started. Jesus pulling along throughout the whole house by my wrist. He stopped to talk to nearly everyone, telling them who I was and letting them introduce themselves to me. I barely said anything, feeling like a little kid being dragged to school by their parents.

"Jesus, i'm fine now. I don't need to meet anyone else." I flushed, pulling away from his grasp. The area where he touched feeling cold suddenly.

"Oh, sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Here, i'll go get you a drink. What do you want?"

"Water's fine." He went off into the crowd, leaving me standing at the end of the stairs. I sat down on a couch next to them, holding my phone to look like I was busy.

"Hadley?" Sebastian was standing in front of me, his perfectly white chiclet teeth beaming. "I didn't know you were coming." He sat down next to me, taking a drink from the cup he was holding. "Want some?"

I accepted, my mouth feeling dry from anxiety. I took a long drink, imminently coughing as it burned it's way down my throat.

"What the fuck?" I sputtered, still coughing. The back of my tongue ached from the bitterness, and I felt short of breath.