Chapter 5

Mariana and i walked into the bright green classroom.Apparently, Mr.Jenkins had a thing for frogs.

"Mariana, you're late." Mr Jenkins stated, not even turning away from his desk.Man, he's good.

"Sorry Mr.J, i was showing around Hadley." With her response, everyone-including the teacher- turned and stared at me.I awkwardly rubbed my arm,staring down at my feet.

"Ah,you're the new student..Hadley Parker correct?" Mr.Jenkins asked, pushing down his glasses and standing up from his chair.

"Uh yeah."I mumbled,Mariana had already taken her seat in the back of the classroom, leaving me all alone.

"Well,you can sit next to Jesus." He stated, and before he could tell him to raise his hand, i was already walking towards him.I sat my bag down on the floor and slid into the cold linoleum chair.

Jesus looked over at me and raised his eyebrow, causing my to look at him in confusion.When he noticed i wasn't following, he pointed to his head.

I cautiously ran my fingers through my hair, getting caught in something that felt like paper.I tugged it out and unfolded the yellow sticky note.

"You should come over to my house after school.Throwin a huge party and itd be nice to have one of the hottest girls i've ever seen join.(; -Aaron"

My cheeks heat up, even if he wasn't saying it to me personally i still felt overwhelmed.There's no way Steph, or Leena would let me go to a party on a school night.

I glanced over at Jesus, who had a flat look on his face.I scrunched my eyebrows, but he just rolled his eyes.

Shrugging it off i tucked the sticky note into my back pocket and looked at the board.

Mr.Jenkins had written out an algebra problem, that only made me even more confused.It'd been like a year since anyone had taught me how to do this, and quite frankly i've already forgotten.

I squinted my eyes, scrawling out the problem onto a sheet of notebook paper.I stared at it blankley for what seemed like hours, trying to have a spark of regonition of how to complete it.

"Ms.Parker, are you having trouble?" Mr. Jenkins asked sarcastically,causing everyone to burst out in laughter.My face went red again, and i looked at the paper in embarrassment.

"I don't remeber how to do this." I muttered, only loud enough for Jesus or anyone near me to hear.

"If you dont remeber how to do this, than maybe you should come in after school and we can discuss how you made it into my class." Mr.Jenkins said roughly, only adding on to the laughter.

I bit my bottom lip and nodded, not daring to look up from my paper.Having everyone laugh at you on your first day to a new school can be kinda over whelming.I could have started crying if i wasnt in the class right now.

I waited a few minutes, letting Mr.Jenkins droan on and on about the properties of a square or whatever before i raised my head.

"Yes, Hadley?"He pointed to my hand,"Can i go to the bathroom?" I asked, not waiting for a response i pushed out of my seat and walked out of the class.

Running down the hallway i pushed open the door to the girls restroom and went into the farthest stall from the door.I left it open, pulling out my old cell phone and dialing Callies number.

She was  in gym right now, and since theyre in health right now i knew she'd have her phone with her.

"Hadley?" Her voice rang through on the fourth ring.She sounded like she was outside because of all the wind.

"I wanna go home." I cried, wiping a few tears and adjusting my shirt.I heard her sigh, and start talking, before she hung up.I rolled my eyes, shoving my phone back into my pocket.I walked over to the sink and stared in the mirror. Luckily i wasn't wearing any makeup, or it would be all over my face.

All of the sudden i heard the door slam open.

"Hadley?"