Untitled Part 21

Thankfully, Saturday arrived gracefully. The week has very minimal mishaps- despite occasional torment from Lexi.

"Hadley?" I pulled the covers from my face, squinting furiously as the sun penetrated through the sheer curtains.

"Hmm?" I mumbled, still in the half asleep, half awake phase. I barely made out Marianas brown hair in front of the bed. I sat up abruptly, my hands instinctively going to flatten out my knotted hair.

"Whats up?" I questioned, trying to mask my rough morning voice. I coughed into my fist twice, and yanked the duvet off.

"I'm going to the mall in a bit, do you wanna come?" She asked awkwardly, rubbing her shoulder. I was mildly shocked, for lack of better words. She hasn't spoken to me in quite sometime.

"Yeah, of course. Is everything okay?" I didn't want it to come off like i was confused at her appearance, but my tone betrayed me.

"I just need to talk to you about somethings. I'm gonna go and get some food, meet me downstairs in a bit." I nodded, and she made her way out of the room. The door lightly shut behind her, closing off the cool air that vented from the hallway and leaving her rooms atmosphere stiff.

I leaned back, cracking the sore joints in my back and popping my knuckles. I sighed in relief and made my way over to the closet. I pulled out a red flannel and a pair of black leggings. The flannel was a bit too big, so i tucked it into the front of the leggings and slid on some white flip-flops.

I quickly ran a comb through my hair, getting it as untangled as i could, and left downstairs.

"Hadley?" I turned around, only my left foot on the top step. Jesus was standing there, only in a pair of cut off sweat pants. I kept my eyes on his, avoiding looking at his bare chest.

"Whats up?" I didn't want to get into anything, so i tapped my foot impatiently. He opened his mouth, but shut it a second later. His eyes scanned my outfit, making me fidget under his gaze. That's a confidence booster.

"You know that's my shirt, right?" He chuckled, and i gnawed on my lip.

"I guess that explains why its too big, uh" I paused, mentally debating how to handle this. "I'll change." I went to step into the hallway, but his frame blocked my way. I sucked in a breath, my nostrils being filled with the scent of his cologne. I lifted my head a bit to look at him, and smirk spread across his lips.

"Don't. It looks good on you." He brushed past, taking my words with him. I felt my face heat up uncomfortably. I rubbed my palms against my cheeks, as if it would rid the blush. I stood for what felt like forever, considering going into the bathroom and putting on foundation to cover any other unwanted emotions my face gives away. I shook my head, turning back around and going downstairs.

"Jesus, seriously? It's Saturday, i know, but the last party did not end very well." Mariana's scolds echoed from the kitchen. I stood against the wall, wanting to hear what she was riled up about.

"That's not my fault. You literally were the one to drink, not me." I heard plates clinking against the counters, and the sizzling of something on the stove.

"Well? Are you just going to go alone then?" She sounded defeated, and my mind was still whirling, trying to come up with a reasonable entrance to make.

"I can bring Hadley." I paused mid stride, but over come the dry mouth and continued in.

"Bring Hadley to where?" I sounded nonchalant, and bit off a grin from my mouth.

"Aarons throwing a party." My expression dropped. Of course fuckboy Aaron was having a party. He probably does every weekend.

"No." I made my way to the cupboard, and pulled out a white mug. Jesus's hand grabbed my arm, tugging me away from the coffee pot to look at me. He held both of my shoulders and pulled the most over dramatic pout that a teenage boy could muster.

"Come on. It'll be fun. Sebastian will be there." He kept a whine to his words, but when he mentioned to Sebastian it seemed to sour. Did they have a fight or something?

"I really hate parties." I squired, but his grip tightened.

"Please." He dragged it out, making me roll my eyes.

"I'll go, and then get ditched and be standing in a corner surrounded by a bunch of drunk idiots, and then i'll most likely get in trouble because i went with you." I glared, remembering the last party that i tagged along to.

"I wont leave you this time, i'll drag you everywhere i go." I looked at the scenery behind him, thinking it over in my head.

"Fine." I sighed, pulling his hands away and stepping aside.

"Awesome! It'll be fun, i promise." I just nodded, not so sure that it would be all its hyped up for.

(lot of beef going down in the next chap. this is kinda just a filler . new chap will be up this week.)