Chapter 12

I groaned, setting down the can of Ginger Ale and pulling out the old cell phone.

I decided its best if Jesus cools off, so I dialed Steph instead.I pushed the sleak device to my ear and waited for the familar voice to speak.

"Hadley?Arent you at the party?" It wasn't Steph though, it was Leena.I let out a breath, glad that I didn't have to explain everything to a police women.

"Yeah I still am, but I'm not feeling good. Do you think you could pick me up?" I asked her, hopefully.

There was short moment of rustling, but it ended quickly.

"Course Hadley, is something wrong?" I with held a groan, the last thing she needed to know was everything going on.

"No." I responded quickly, and I started making my way through the groups to the front door.

"Okay well what about Jesus and Mariana?" I bit my tounge, standing on the tips of my toes hoping to see them over the crowds.

"I can't see them from where I'm standing." I explained, forcing my legs to stretch to maximum extent.Still, there was no way of seeing over the boys over six feet tall.

"Well try to find them, there's no point in making them walk home later, I'm going to be there in about 30 to give you time." And before I could respond she hung up.

I shoved the phone back into my pocket, and went back into the dense crowd, until I was standing in the center of everyone.

I bit my nail, hoping that Mariana would find me without Jesus.

I started walking, but a hand on my shoulder jerked me to a stop.I whipped around on my heel, coming face to face with Aaron.

"Looking for me?" He winked, but laughed after.I detached his hand from my arm, and shook my head.

"Have you seen Mariana?Or Jesus around?" I prayed that he would at least give me a last location, but to my surprise he pointed to the kitchen.

"Jesus is in there, talking to Lexi I think." He took a sip from his red cup before nudging me towards the door.

I felt hesitant to find him without someone with me.I still felt my conscious seething with guilt for what I said earlier.

Of course I didn't mean he was ruining everything for Mariana, but I really do think he should tell her.

Pushing my thoughts aside I took in a deep breath and started to the kitchen.

True to Aaron's words, Jesus was there, leaning against the counter and talking to a girl whose back was towards me.

I slowly made my way to him, realising the girl was -surprise- Lexi.

"Jesus." I said, and he turned towards me, only to turn away with a glare. My stomach started having a burning feeling.

"Leena is coming to pick us up, and I can't find Mariana." I tried again, I wish I could shrink.

He finally faced me, the glare still evident on his features.

"Find her yourself."

My stomach lurched, and my guilt was replaced with self pity. I attempted to convince myself that he's over reacting, but I knew that this was all my fault in the first place.

"Jesus plea-" He cut me off by pulling Lexi towards him by her wrists and kissing her. The burning I felt in my stomach worsened, and I took a few clumsy steps backwards.

I filled with malice.Everything I said to him was true, and he knows it. I refuse to be the criminal when I'm not the one lying to everyone.And besides, he can walk home for all I care.

~~~~~~<<<<<<<<~~~~~

Well, I finally updated.