Chapter 12 ~ Coming back to you...

Your p.o.v

I sat on mangle's lap, listening to my music box. I tried to sleep and he stroked my hair gently. "Mangle.." I whispered, he looked down at me "Hm?" He asked "I cant sleep.." I mumbled. I heard footsteps and we both looked up and saw shade walking away from us down the hall, she looked pissed. I tensed and mangle said reassuring words to me and I relaxed. "I love you, y/n.." He said, but he didn't sound convincing. "Do you?" I snapped. Okay, that sounded bad... "Y..yeah.. I.. Love you.." He sounded as if he was trying to convince himself "Are you sure, because I don't think you do." I stated confidently. "Well, if that's how you fucking feel, we're done." He said and pushed me off his lap forcefully. He hopped off my box and stormed out and I drew my knees to my chest and sobbed. Not even my music box could keep me calm..

Marionette p.o.v

I woke up and heard quiet sobbing from outside my box. I sighed, I sounded like y/n... No matter how much she had done to shade. (shade is his best friend) I still loved her, though shade wasn't very happy and our friendship was on very thin ice...

I opened the box lid and peeked out, y/n was crying on the top of her box. "Y/n.. Are you alright?" I asked, hopping out of my box and sitting beside her. She looked at me "No.." She wailed and I hugged her. "Shh, calm down and tell me what's the matter.." I said, pulling away. She wiped away her tears "Mangle.." Was all she said, and it was all I needed to hear. "its probably not what you want to hear right now but.. I need to say this to you.." I said slowly, she looked at me expectantly, waiting for what I was going to tell her... But how was I to tell her that I still loved her.

"Y/n.. I...i still love you.. I have ever since you went with mangle.. You meant everything to me and you still do.." I said and sighed, looking down at the box we sat on. She put a hand under my chin, making me look at her. "What about your best friend, shade?" She asked... Shade...

"Well, our friendship is already on thin ice.. It was before shade saw you, so she probably wont be my friend... But.. As long as I have you, I don't need anyone else" y/n blushed bright red and I lifted my mask and put it on the box. She looked up at me "M...mari?" I cut her off by crashing my lips onto hers. She was taken aback by this but kissed back after a couple of seconds. We pulled away for air and she hugged me "I still love you, Mari.." She whispered and fell asleep. I smiled and lay her on my lap. She slept peacefully. I slipped quietly off the box so as not to wake her and she smiled in her sleep.

I needed to find shade.. The curiosity was killing me. I felt I needed her approval for anything to do with y/n...when in fact I just wanted her opinion... I didn't know why. Shade sat in the office with Vincent. As I watched, Vincent kissed her lips briefly and walked off down the hall, I ducked into the shadows and he walked past without noticing. Shade sat, seeming to be deep in thought. I jumped over the desk and landed sat beside shade on the desk. She jumped and looked at me. "Hey.." She said awkwardly "Hi.. Um what would you say if um..lets say your best friend...was dating y/n..?" I asked awkwardly, she looked at me queerly "Um.. Well they would be dead to me, best friend or not." She hissed and I flinched "Well, I'm dead to you... Thanks for being honest at least.." I said sadly and started to walk away down the hall. "Wait!" Shade called after me "Mari!" She ran up to me and grabbed my arm "Not you.." She whispered and walked into the parts and service room.