Apologies

Shout out again to @WearyandMary ! Comment down below your favorite food (Excluding deserts). Can I be basic and say I think mine is fries?

      Therapy was a long and gruesome road for Asher. There didn't seem to be any simple way out, and every place he turned revealed more work he'd need to do. Asher was never easily embarrassed, but as he sat on the sofa and revealed how he'd spent the previous school year, he was certainly very close. Just saying some of the things he'd done out loud made him realize how silly he'd been. Silly was the word he used, an upgrade from despicable, how he'd described them. His therapist asked him not to use such critical words for himself. Silly, the man said didn't take away responsibility for wrongdoing, but wasn't quite so damaging to his ravaged self esteem.

     It was very difficult to have any self esteem when working through all of his issues. How was he meant to love himself, when faced with the reality of who he was? The true reality of who he was, was someone Asher was certain he'd never met. He was a different person than a month, or even a week ago, and he imagined he would continue on that path, like a series of evolutions. Asher looked at his time in school as if he were watching the actions of another person, as if he were watching some strangely meta movie. The person in the mirror looked like him, it just didn't feel like him. 

     "I think you might feel better if you make apologies to some of the people that have been hurt by you." The therapist stated, and Asher looked at the man as if he had two heads. 

      "But I've hurt so many people." Asher pushed at the blonde hair dangling in his face. "Where do I start?"

       "I'd start with the boy.. that Simon boy. I think you would feel much better if you would just come clean to him. Tell him you're going through therapy, trying to better yourself, and tell him what you did last year. If he's a real friend he'll see that you had good intentions."

       "Alright." Asher groaned. 

      "Then, the other boy." The therapist said, and flipped through his notes. "The one that you almost got kicked off the team after breaking into the school."

      "Yes. Garret deserves an apology for a lot of things I did." Asher nodded. 

      "Finally, I think you need to apologize to the boy you forced to transfer schools."

      "No." Asher shook his head.

      "Yes, Asher. I know you don't like him, and he did many things as well, but you need closure for all of these things. The only way to move forward is to apologize for your part in the affair, and be done. No more vengeance, no more retaliation, just end it." 

      "Fine." Asher sighed deeply. He did owe Shea an apology, perhaps as much as Shea owed him an apology, but Shea wasn't going to be the first to make a move, so he had to. 

      "Then-"

      "You said that was the last one." Asher cut off quickly. 

      "I said that was the last person you needed to apologize to, and it is. When you apologize, not everyone will forgive you, and that's alright. So, I want you, after making a true apology, to forgive yourself." The man explained. 

      "I'll try." 

....

       "Asher?" Simon's surprise colored his cheeks with red. "What are you doing here?"

      "Is Liam here?" Asher looked beyond Simon through the door, but couldn't get a good view. 

      "No.. He's out with his friends." Simon looked up towards Liam's room, then back to the door. "How are you? I heard you've been going through it, but I figured you might need some space."