Chapter 1. Having Friends Over

First Time Reader (FTR) or Re-Reader (RR)

It was just another beautiful and ordinary evening in Adventure Bay. At the tall rescue tower known as the Lookout, the pups were enjoying their rescue-free evening. Zuma and Skye were playing Pup Pup Boogie in the TV room. Rocky and Rubble were playing with some pup-toys in the backyard. Chase and Marshall were at the beach with their sunglasses on. Chase was dozing on a beach bed under an umbrella while Marshall was reading a book on the beach bed besides Chase.
Ryder was relaxing in his comfy beanbag at the top of the Lookout, doing nothing. "Silence can sometimes be very enjoyable" he sighed peacefully with his arms crossed behind his head. Ryder tilted his head toward the open balcony doors. The opened doors gave way to the orange and pink sky of the late evening. Flocks of birds flew past on silent wings, making the world feel like a silent and peaceful place on this late evening.
Suddenly an idea sparked in Ryder's mind. "The pups have been so good, they deserve a treat" Ryder said. "Tonight we're all gonna sleep under the stars outside in the backyard. But I would like to have some of friends over, like Katie, Carlos and Jake because we haven't seen them in a while."

Excited about his idea, Ryder took out his pup-pad from his pocket and summoned the pups to the Lookout. "PAW Patrol to the Lookout!" Ryder called. "Ryder needs us!" all of the pups barked. Chase and Marshall casted aside their sunglasses and started running for the Lookout. Zuma and Skye were first in the elevator since they were the closest.
Rocky and Rubble ran in second.
Chase came in third while Marshall was last as usual. As he ran toward the elevator, he didn't see a chew toy lying on his path.
This caused the Dalmatian to trip, he was sent flying toward the elevator.

"Watch out!" the pups warned with wide eyes. Marshall crashed into them, creating a pile of tangled pups. "We're like a giant knot of tangled ropes" Marshall giggled.
His joke earned the laughter of the pups, as the elevator doors closed and up it went to the mission.
When it stopped at the big PAW Patrol badge, the pups weren't geared up in their rescue attires. The elevator continued and then stopped at the mission room. The clear glass doors opened, giving way for the pups to leap out and line up in formation. "PAW Patrol ready for action, Ryder sir!" Chase said, but his stern look shifted to a confused look.

"Ryder? Why aren't we wearing our attires?" the German Shepherd asked. Ryder giggled at his confused pups. "Because I didn't summon you pups for a rescue" Ryder laughed.
"Then why did you call us?" Marshall asked.
"Because I have something pretty exciting to announce" Ryder replied.
The pups' faces lit up and their tails started wagging slightly. "Tonight we are gonna sleep under the stars" Ryder announced.
"Awooooooooo!" the pups howled with pure joy. "I love sleeping under the stars!" Skye yipped.
"I love the part when we all sit by the fire, roasting marshmallows!" Rubble's mind was always on food.

"I can't wait!" Rocky said. "The sun needs to set faster" Chase wagged his tail. "I love these nights!" Zuma howled. "I love the part when Ryder tells us stories" Marshall said.
Ryder smiled warmly as his pups expressed so much excitement and joy.
"But it won't just be us" he finally said. The pups went silent. "What do you mean 'it won't just be us'?" Chase asked. "I kind of wanted to invite three friends over because we haven't seen them in a while" Ryder explained.

"Who do you want to invite over?" Rubble asked. "Katie, Jake and Carlos" Ryder said. "When Jake comes, that means Everest will come!" Marshall howled with excitement.
"Everest and Tracker! Yaya!" Skye squeaked. "I'm even more excited now!" Rubble said.
"I'm gonna call them now. Jake and Carlos live quite far so it would be a good idea for them to start coming now" Ryder said.
Ryder called Katie first, when she answered the call, her face appeared on the big screen. "Hi Ryder! What makes you call me?" Katie asked with bright blue eyes.