Chapter 18. Final Battle

"Your time is up, pesky pup" Mayor Humdinger said. "I don't think so!" an angry voice came. Ryder leaped onto the VampireWolf, sending Mayor Humdinger flying off. "Catch him and hold him because I'm gonna deal with him after this battle" Ryder said. The crowd gasped in extreme shock.
"Who is that?" Rocky asked. Chase joined the crowd and the pups immediately when he was freed.
"Right away!" Bruno barked and grabbed Mayor Humdinger.
"Let me go!" Mayor Humdinger said in a panic. "You're staying here" Bruno growled in his face. He put a paw on Mayor Humdinger's chest and pressed down strongly, so he won't escape.

"I will not let you hurt my pups!" Ryder growled, standing a few feet infront of the crowd with the VampireWolf standing on the opposite end.
"Ryder, is that you?" Chase asked.
"Yes, it's me" Ryder tilted his head to his pup. "WHAT?" Chase gasped. When the VampireWolf roared, grabbing Ryder's attention. "Time for full power!" Ryder howled.
His whole body started activating its powers. The crowd moved back to watch the fight. Ryder's eyes started glowing more brighter, his claws went on blue flames, strands of fur on his back started lighting up and emitting electricity, and that's when lightening slowly started zapping from his fur.

"The fire is getting closer!" Captain Turbot warned. Ryder swatted a paw in the air, cool wind blew and blue flames started taking over the orange ones.
"So that explains where those blue flames came from the last time" Marshall said.
"Pups, we're a team and we're gonna fight this battle together. Gear up into mighty pups" Ryder commanded. "On it, Ryder sir!" Chase barked. The pups ran off to put the meteor inside the Lookout.

The VampireWolf leaped in the air and at Ryder. Ryder leaped at it and they performed an air collision. The two collided into one another and crashed to the ground. Ryder raked his claws through the VampireWolf's fur.
The VampireWolf lashed his claws at Ryder's snout. More lightening started zapping from Ryder. Lightening electrocuted the VampireWolf. The beast roared out in pain and gave run toward the bay. Ryder got up and bounded after him.

The VampireWolf was trapped when he reached the dead end of the beach which was the sea. Suddenly a wave as large as a tsunami came at the VampireWolf. "Get ready to feel the wave!" Zuma barked. Skye flew down and formed a whirlwind around Ryder to fly him out of the waves way.
"Thanks Skye" Ryder thanked.
"Ryder, are you gonna be a wolf-dog forever?" Skye asked. "Nope, I have a gem that is capable of returning me into a human" Ryder explained. "That's awesome" Skye said.

The wave fell onto the VampireWolf, soaking him completely. The mighty wave also recked the beach, turning the sand into mud. The VampireWolf was dizzy and confused and soaked.
"I got this!" Chase barked. In a flash, he ran up to the soaked and angry beast and then started running all around him to make him even more dizzy. Chase then stopped and backed off, allowing Ryder to come in.
Ryder jumped on the VampireWolf and started raking his claws into the beast flesh. The dizzy monster shook his head and roared out in pain and pure anger.

He whipped around and clamped his jaws on Ryder's neck. Ryder tried pulling free but there was no use. "Rubble, charge up!" Ryder commanded.
Rubble hit paws with Rocky who was standing near him and he was immediately charged up.
"Let's wreck and roll!" Rubble barked.
He rolled into a yellow ball and went rolling at the VampireWolf.
His super strength knocked the VampireWolf off of Ryder's neck. The VampireWolf got up again, he was not willing on giving up easily.
He stomped his paws on the ground, causing it to rumble. The ground split fast, leaving a wide gap between Ryder and the VampireWolf. "Rocky, build a bridge so I can cross over" Ryder said.

"Green means glow!" Rocky said. His large green energy tools appeared and he started moving his paws in the direction he wanted the tools to go in.
In a few seconds, he built a bridge out some random wood that was lying around.
Ryder ran across the bridge and jumped on the VampireWolf. "We're ending this now" Ryder said. He went into full power mode and started fighting with full force.
His claws raked through the beast fur and flesh, sending blood flying everywhere. His lightening zapped and shocked the VampireWolf.
The beast finally had enough and tried to make a run for the bridge. "Marshall, burn the bridge" Ryder commanded. "I'm ready for a red hot rescue!" Marshall barked.