Chapter 7. Planning Together

Up in the mission room of the Lookout, Chase and Marshall were sitting on beanbags with the light on since it was getting dark. "Let's start with the plan to find Ryder" Marshall said.
"No, we're gonna start by thinking of theories of how Ryder just disappeared like that. That way, it will be easier for us to think out a plan" Chase explained.
"What's our first theory?" Marshall asked. "This is my first theory. The creature who had attacked Ryder has made him very ill. To the point that he has now lost his mind completely. Now Ryder has left the Lookout during the night when everyone was sleeping. He wondered away and somehow got really far away" Chase theorized.
"If that was the case, we would've been able to find at least one hint. How could someone with a lost mind go so far without leaving behind any clues? That sound impossible to me" said Marshall.
"You do have a point. What's your theory?"
"My theory is; after Ryder lost his mind and wondered out of the Lookout, the creature who attacked him returned and then killed him and dragged him away."
"Marshall! What kind of cruel theory is that?" Chase yelled.

"Chase, you have to understand that I'm making a theory based on the situation. Ryder is no where to be found! No where! Do you understand what the word 'nowhere' means? Ryder is literally nowhere!" Marshall raised his tone.
"Why didn't we hear any cries for help?" Chase asked.
"Ryder could've wondered far and then the creature decided to attack him again. Or the creature could've just killed him with a single blow."

•~•~•~•~•

"Tracker, it's your turn" Skye said, looking to the chihuahua. "I've never played this game before. Can Everest go first?" Tracker asked. "But I've never played it either" Everest said. "Well one of you gotta play or either I'll keep playing for the rest of the night" Skye giggled. "Fine, I'll go first even though I have to admit that I'm nervous" Everest said.
"You might do worse than Marshall" Skye chuckled.
"You think your all great just because your the best Pup Pup Boogie player?" Everest questioned. "I have the highest score and I'm the best at the game. I'm able to out-beat everyone!" Skye boasted, puffing out her chest slightly. "Keep boasting. Your gonna regret it when your title is taken by me because I will steal your title and become the best Pup Pup Boogie player in the entire world" Everest said.

"I don't think so" Skye sat down, her chest puffed out and her magenta eyes filled with pride. "I smell something that is making my stomach grumble" Rubble rubbed his belly with a paw of his. "Meatballs!" Rocky and Zuma barked. "Dinner is ready!" Katie announced from the kitchen.
"Aroooooo!" the pups howled. Jake and Carlos sat at the dining table. The pups sat by their pup-bowls and Cali had her cat bowl.
"Where's Chase and Marshall?" Katie asked as she was putting three meatballs in each pup's bowl. "I didn't even notice they were missing" Rubble said. "Oh great. Two others go mysteriously missing" Rocky sighed.
Everybody laughs.

"I'm sure they're around" Katie said. "I'll check the mission room" Skye stood up and ran out of the kitchen, to the elevator. The elevator reached the mission room and the cockapoo walked out slowly. "Oh hey, Chase and Marshall. Dinner is ready" she said. "Can you just bring it up to us? We're busily planning out the plans to find Ryder and this mysterious creature" Chase explained.
"Okay!" Skye said, getting back in the elevator. She went inside the kitchen. "Chase and Marshall are planning out plans to find Ryder and the mysterious creature. They asked for me to bring their dinner to them" Skye said.
Katie put three meatballs in each pup's bowl.

Skye then started pushing Chase's bowl and Zuma pushed Marshall's bowl to the elevator. Once the bowls were in the elevator, Skye went inside and Zuma walked away to the kitchen. Chase and Marshall were served their dinner and that allowed Skye to go enjoy hers.

•~•~•~•~•

"If we don't find Ryder anywhere, then I guess there's no choice but to go with your theory, Marshall. Because it makes the most sense" Chase sighed sadly and looked down at his bowl of meatballs.
"I know my theory is cruel and sad, but it makes sense" Marshall said.
Chase didn't say anything. "So what's the plan for tomorrow?" asked Marshall, who took a bite into the meatball. "Tomorrow we're gonna search one more time around Adventure Bay. If we don't find any clue of Ryder, then I think it's time to surrender and say Ryder is....dead" said Chase, "but I feel like we're giving up too fast."