Chapter 14. Mighty Pups

Another day in Adventure Bay. The pups had just finished performing a rescue that was led by Chase. They were now back at the Lookout, some were playing and others were doing things that needed to be done. Rubble's bulldozer engine needed a little repair, so Chase and Rocky got to the job.
As they headed to the front of Ryder's garage, Rocky halted. "Rocky? Are you okay?" Chase asked. "It's just, I remember the times when me and Ryder use to repair our gadgets here. I loved having time with Ryder when it was only me and him" Rocky said. "We all miss those days" Chase said trying to think of something better to say to Rocky.

"But those days are over and we can't let them drag us down. Everything we have now is all because of Ryder and we must hold onto his legacy he left behind for us."
Rocky nodded slowly and then continued walking. The garage door lifted and the two pups walked inside. Ever since Ryder had gone missing, no one had entered the garage. When Chase and Rocky walked inside, it was dusty and webs were spread across the ceiling.
Chase's eyes were grabbed by Ryder's ATV that sat in the corner. As sadness started conquering Chase, he immediately shook it off. I have to be strong he thought.

"This place needs cleaning" Rocky said. "That's what I was thinking also" said Chase. "Pups, to Ryder's garage" he said through his pup-tag. "Chase needs us" the other pups had been playing soccer in the backyard.
In a minute or so, all of the pups were at Ryder's garage. "Why did you call us over, Chase?" Skye asked. "While me and Rocky repair Rubble's bulldozer engine, I need the rest of you pups to start cleaning Ryder's garage. Just because he's gone and his stuff won't ever be used, I want his stuff to stay clean and polished" Chase explained.
"Also, polish his ATV like he use to when he was here. Today is cleaning day and we're gonna clean the entire Lookout."

The pups howled together and ran off to fetch some cleaning supplies. "Okay, let's start repairing Rubble's engine" Chase said.

•~•~•~•~•

In Foggy Bottom, Mayor Humdinger and his kittens were in their lair as usual. "My plan didn't go according to how I wanted it to go!" Mayor Humdinger screamed like a crazy person.
His kittens were just lounging around, playing with yarn balls or licking their paws.
"Don't worry, I'm still gonna find a way around" Mayor Humdinger said.

•~•~•~•~•

"Chase, I've been thinking about something" Rocky said who was using his screwdriver to screw in a bolt into Rubble's engine. "What have you been thinking about?" Chase asked, digging through a red tool box for a tool he was looking for.
"When crimes occur, Mayor Humdinger is always the one responsible for it, 90% of the time or even 100%. Do you think he might have something to do with this event of Ryder being attacked by something mysterious and then going missing?" Rocky explained.
Chase froze and stopped digging. "We've never checked in with Mayor Humdinger when this all happened" Chase said.
"PAW Patrol to the Lookout!"

"Chase needs us" the pups said. The pups started running to the elevator, abandoning their fetch for cleaning supplies. "Wait for.....Marshall suddenly tripped on a soapy sponge was lying on the floor. "Watch out!" the pups barked.
Marshall crashed into the elevator and got stuck to the glass. "Look! I'm not falling!" Marshall said. "I think I'm magnetic." The pups started laughing.
"Oh Marshall" Skye said.
As the elevator made its journey to the mission room, Marshall fell off of the glass and landed on the floor. The elevator stopped at the big PAW Patrol badge. The pups geared up in their rescue attires and the elevator continued to the top.
The pups leaped out and lined up in formation infront of their leader.

"PAW Patrol ready for action, Chase sir!" Marshall said. He still felt a tinge of awkwardness every time he said that. "Thanks for hurrying over pups" Chase said. "Rocky reminded me of something I should've thought of myself."