Chapter 6. A Strange Encounter

What felt like he was running for days, was actually only an hour. But running for an hour in the desert is not easy, for some it's impossible. To keep himself from feeling the immense stress of running, Ryder continued running. Hot wind gusted past him, the sun glared down harshly, and Ryder's paws barely touched the sand as he ran. He felt like was flying from how fast he was running.
Ryder could hear his heart pumping heavily, his lungs were gasping for oxygen and his blood was roaring through his veins. "I have to keep going. I have to keep going" Ryder whispered under his breath. His body temperature started increasing, he was getting hotter and hotter. Ryder felt like his heart was gonna explode. His vision suddenly started becoming blurry. His temperature started getting cold instead of hot. He started feeling light headed. Ryder thought his heart was gonna explode. Suddenly the world just went blank and Ryder didn't feel himself anymore.

•~•~•~•~•

"It's creepy in here" Jake shuddered. "I feel like something is watching us" whispered Everest. A sudden low growl was heard from the shadows of the cave. "W-what was that?" Jake stammered. "We better get out of here" Everest said. Another growl was heard and that was enough to send Jake and Everest running out of the cave.
"Ahhhh!" they screamed with fear. Everest jumped in snowplow and Jake got on behind. "Get out of here, Everest!" Jake shouted. Everest started the engine to the snowplow and drove off. "Phew! That was scary" Everest said.
"That must've been the cave of a bear" Jake said. "Or maybe the.... "Everest, the VampireWolf isn't real. That was definitely a bear" said Jake.
What they thought to be a bear was in reality the VampireWolf.
He was waiting until darkness to settle over Adventure Bay, so that he can flee from the town and return to his home.
"We gotta keep looking" said Everest.

•~•~•~•~•

"Ruff! Spy drone!" Chase barked, who was standing by his spy truck. His spy drone was launched into the sky. "Hopefully I have better fortune in finding the creature with the drone. My nose is of no use because the scent doesn't lead to anywhere and it doesn't smell right" Chase said.
He stood standing by the small screen that showed what the drone was seeing. "I hope Ryder is okay. He's probably lost, cold, hungry, lonely, sick, and probably in danger. Poor Ryder" Chase whimpered.

•~•~•~•~•

"Chase, we looked all over town and asked everyone, but no one has seen Ryder and we haven't found any signs of him anywhere" Rocky contacted Chase through his pup-tag.
Chase wasn't sure what to say. "Chase?" "I don't know
what to do. First, I find the scent of whatever attacked Ryder. It smells strange and then it fades. Then we can't find Ryder anywhere. How could he mysteriously disappear? How is it that no one has seen him? How is it that there are no hints of him?" said Chase. "I don't know what to say" said Rocky.
"I guess I'm just gonna call everyone back to the Lookout. We're not having any fortune in finding him" said Chase.
"Alright" Rocky then started driving his recycling truck to the Lookout. "I'm so worried about Ryder" said Katie who was riding with Rocky.

                             •~•~•~•~•

Chase summoned everybody back to the Lookout. They were all in the mission room, discussing this situation. "I feel like whatever attacked him has made his mind not right" Skye said. "I wonder what attacked him though" wondered Rocky.
"I have a strong feeling that the VampireWolf is real" Everest said, "Jake and I were searching a cave when we heard a growl from inside." "That was probably just a bear. If it was the VampireWolf, why didn't it attack you guys? Why didn't you guys see two glowing orange eyes?" Chase asked. "Chase does have a point" Skye pointed.