Chapter 5. Mission To Find Ryder

"Ryder is nowhere to be found" Katie said. "We've searched everywhere" said Carlos. "This is getting serious" said Chase. Earlier, Chase had tried to call Ryder but he discovered that Ryder's pup-pad was on his bed. "PAW Patrol to the Lookout!" Chase contacted the other pups through his pup-tag.
"Ryder needs us."
Rubble, Zuma and Skye who were searching the backyard ran for the Lookout. Tracker and Rocky rushed from the basement of the Lookout. Marshall and Everest were in the garage when their pup-tags glowed. Everybody was in the elevator, including Katie, Carlos and Jake. Marshall was the last to get in, as usual. As he ran toward the elevator, Marshall tripped over a tennis ball and went flying straight toward elevator. "Watch out!" the pups warned with wide eyes. Katie, Carlos and Jake moved aside before the incoming pup made his crash land.

Marshall crashed into the pups, creating a pile of tangled pups. "Marshall!" they all said. "Sorry" Marshall said. "Hey, we're like a giant knot of tangled ropes." Marshall's joke earned the laughter of all the pups and the humans.
The elevator doors closed and up it went to the mission room where Chase awaited. The elevator halted, the doors opened, and the pups leaped while the humans walked out.
Katie, Carlos and Jake stood aside, allowing the pups to do their job. "PAW Patrol ready for action, Chase sir!" Marshall barked sternly, who felt kinda awkward saying the German Shepherd's catchphrase.

"Thanks hurrying over pups" Chase pressed a button which brought down the big screen. "We all know what has happened. Yesterday night, Ryder was mysteriously attacked by something. That 'something' has afflicted Ryder with a terrible illness. He got very cold yesterday, he was saying things that didn't make sense, he was even seeing the fake VampireWolf, he forgot what a glass cup was, he then started getting really hot, he then vomited and his vomit contained a little blood."

"Poor Ryder" Katie mumbled. "For this mission, we are not only searching for Ryder. We have to find what attacked him because whatever attacked him could still be lurking around and it could attack another person and then another.
So for this mission, I will need Skye."

"Your going to use your copter to search for Ryder from up high. You will be looking around Jake's Mountain and the evergreen forest that is nearby." "This pups gotta fly!" Skye squeaked.
"Everest, your gonna search the caves on Jake's Mountain and the deeper parts of the nearby evergreen forest with Jake."
"What if the VampireWolf is in one of the caves?" Everest pinned back her ears. "The VampireWolf isn't real. Everyone knows that's just a fake tale" Chase sternly said. "Okay...ice or snow, I'm ready to go" Everest tone didn't have much spirit in it.
"Rubble....Chase was interrupted when a call appeared on the big screen.

"Mayor Goodway?" Jake said in a questioning tone. Chase answered the call by pressing a button. "Hi Mayor Goodway" Chase greeted. "Oh uh, hi Chase. Where's Ryder?" Mayor Goodway asked.
"We don't know where Ryder is either. I'm assigning the team their tasks right now because we're on a mission to find him" Chase explained.
"You don't know where Ryder is? That's terrible! How could he disappear?" Mayor Goodway asked in a panicking tone.
"It's a long story, mayor. Can we help you?" Chase asked. "Yes yes! A terrible thing just happened! Chickaletta is MISSING!" Mayor Goodway screamed. Chase sighed irritably, trying to hold in his irritation.
"Don't worry, mayor. We'll come soon" said Chase. "Please hurry. Chickaletta is probably so scared and hungry."

After the call, Chase turned to the pups. "Anyways, where was I?" Chase asked. "You assigned me and then you were about to call up Rubble" Everest reminded. "Oh yeah. Rubble, your gonna search Farmer Al and Farmer Yumi's farm for Ryder."
"Rubble on the double!" the bulldog barked.
"Zuma, your gonna search the bay."
"Let's dive in!" Zuma said.
"Tracker and Carlos will search the entire jungle, including the monkey temple" Chase said.
"That's a bit extreme, dude" Jake commented. "I know that but Ryder is out of his mind right now. He could be anywhere and in grave danger. We need to search everywhere for him" Chase explained.