Chapter 2. Telling A Tale

In the shadows of the night, the glowing light of the fire penetrated through the dark veil. Everyone was sitting under the sky that was full of stars, near the warm fire that was burning the firewood. As it burned, it made crackling sounds and puffs of smoke danced to the night sky. Ryder was getting ready to tell everyone a spooky tale. "Once upon a time, hundreds of years ago when mankind used to travel the earth in search of a suitable land to set up their homes, there was a phantom beast that roamed the earth along with the humans. The people had not one idea or hint that a ghostly wolf was stalking in their tracks. It is said that this monstrous wolf is more silent than a cat who's stalking a bird."

"I'm getting goosebumps" Katie shivered, shifting a little closer to Ryder. "When the moon started rising signaling the end to another day, the people knew they weren't gonna be able to travel in the pitch dark. So they stopped their horses near a river on the wide grassy plains. After setting up their tents and eating something, the people disappeared into their shelters for the night. When the moon was high in the sky, when all living beings were asleep, when very little wind blew, and when no crickets sang their night songs, the phantom wolf emerged from his cave deep deep deep down in a mountain."

"His coal black fur shimmered when the moonlight touched it, his orange eyes glowed like the luminous stars in the sky, and pure evilness flared from his soul and radiated through his eyes. The ghostly beast stopped at the edge of the mountain and lifted his head to the full moon.
The wolf started howling. But his howl doesn't sound like an ordinary wolf's howl. It's loud, deep, monstrous and evil. From in his mouth, it glowed orange making his fangs that are sharper than the blade of a knife, vividly visible.
After the bloodthirsty beast howled, a strong wind blew straight at the humans' camp."

"You described that wolf so vividly, I'm starting to freak out" Tracker said, who was huddling with Carlos. "I don't know if I want to go back to Jake's Mountain" said Jake. "What if the phantom wolf is there, lurking in one of the caves?" Everest huddled even closer to Jake with Skye huddling on her right side.
"There's nothing to be scared about. It's just a wolf...I mean it's a not-so-normal wolf" Rubble acted as if he wasn't scared.
Chase then decided to test him, so he started howling loudly. "Ahhhh!" Rubble screamed, jumping in besides Zuma and covering his ears. "The phantom wolf!"
Everybody started laughing. "It's just me" Chase laughed. "Phew! Don't do that again, I almost peed on myself!" Rubble said, who was slightly angry.
"I was just testing you to see if you are scared" laughed Chase. "Anyways, Ryder keep going."

"The people were immediately awoken by the mighty sound. Just before they could emerge from their tents to inspect the camp sight, a shadow walked slowly past. The people in the tents huddled together and started shivering from fear.
Like a ghost, the wolf lurked through the camp sight...hungrily. His tongue was lolling from his mouth, saliva was drooling as the scent of people drifted into his snout. But this wolf had no ordinary saliva, because he was no ordinary wolf. There was something evil and not right about this animal."

"When his saliva hit the grass, it was hot and glowing slightly. As the wolf walked silently through the camp, he stopped by one tent which contained a man inside. The man was shivering from immense fear when he saw the shadow stop infront of his tent.
This phantom beast started getting ready for an attack. He crouched low, his long glowing claws dug into the earth, his ears pinned back to his head, and the glow from his orange eyes started getting more brighter and intense.
With all his might, he leaped onto the tent and grasped it with his strong jaws. The man began to cry for help. People emerged quickly from their tents, but when they caught sight of the beast, they were horrified and in the situation, everyone ran for their own lives. Some people were so horrified, they died from a heart that went into a panic attack.
The wolf tilted his head and started roaring. Wolves don't roar but this was no ordinary wolf.
It was as if he was taken over by some evil force."