Chapter 13. Rising Hope

(The picture above is Charlotte, my owned character. I think she's really pretty)

Everybody had fallen asleep except for Ryder. He wasn't feeling well from two things. From the toxicities that were flowing through his body and from the fact that he was never gonna see his pups again. The rain outside had calmed down and lessened. Ryder lifted his head and looked around the dim cave. He then lifted his body and walked out of the cave.
Only a few drips splattered on the rocky surface of the mountain. Ryder inhaled the fresh air that came after it rained. He sat at the edge of the mountain and looked to the sky. There were very few stars and the moon was crescent shaped.
Light clouds blocked the moons light slightly, making the night a little more darker than usual. Gentle breeze ruffled through Ryder's silver fur.

Ryder sighed and looked at the sky with sad blue eyes. The moon reflected in his shiny eyes.
"Pups, I miss you guys" Ryder said. "Chase, I know your being a great leader because I always knew you had it inside you from the moment I adopted you."
"Ryder" a soft whisper entered Ryder's ears.
Ryder exhaled a long breath and looked at his paws. Charlotte sat besides him.
"What are you doing out here?" she asked. "Nothing really. Just sitting and thinking" Ryder answered, still looking at his paws. "How are you feeling after the herbs?" Charlotte questioned. "A lot better but I still have a little bit of pain" Ryder answered.

There was a silence between the two as they sat side by side. "Do you wanna go for a walk through the forest with me?" Charlotte asked. "For what?" Ryder looked at the white wolf. "Well, maybe you'll feel a little better after the walk. Sometimes whenever I'm feeling down, I usually go for a walk through the forest and let all my worries spill from my mind" Charlotte explained.
Maybe a walk would make me feel a little better Ryder thought. "Okay, let's go" Ryder said, standing up.

•~•~•~•~•

Ryder and Charlotte were walking through the damp forest. Ryder liked the fresh scents that floated in the air. The forest smelled of damp bark and fresh soil.
"Ryder, if you don't mind, can you tell me about one your missions you performed with your pups?" Charlotte asked. "I'm just interested."
"Sure" Ryder said. He liked the idea of telling one of the missions he preformed with his pups. It made him happy to talk to others about his beloved pups.
"We performed lots of amazing missions but some are more unbelievable than others" Ryder began.

"There was once me and my pups were on a trip with a friend known as Captain Turbot. He told us the tale of a creature known as a mer-pup. He believed it was true and so did my pups except for Chase, my German Shepherd."

Ryder continued telling her of how Zuma and Skye were turned into mer-pups, of how they saved the mer-mama's little mer-puppy, then how Zuma got trapped in the ship wreck, then how Rocky his pup who hates water, was turned into a mer-pup and dove down into the sea, how he saved Zuma, and then lastly when Skye, Zuma and Rocky swam with the mer-pups before the moon descended.

Charlotte was amazed by the story. "You and your pups must've went through the most amazing adventures" Charlotte said. "If only you knew what we went through together. From performing normal rescues, to having amazing experiences with fantasy creatures, to getting superpowers from a meteor and all the way to defeating villains" Ryder said. "Woah" Charlotte breathed. "It would probably take you a year to tell all of your adventures."
"Maybe two years" Ryder giggled.
The two giggled and continued walking through the dim forest.

As the two strolled, a sudden growl froze them both. "What was that?" Charlotte whispered. "I don't know" whispered Ryder. Suddenly a black shape leaped out of the shadows and flew straight for Charlotte. "Ahhhhh!" Charlotte cried.
Ryder immediately got infront of the white wolf and let the creature fall on him. It was the VampireWolf! He was back for revenge on Ryder.
"Run Charlotte!" Ryder yelled.
Charlotte didn't want to leave Ryder alone. The VampireWolf raked his glowing claws through Ryder's silver pelt.
Ryder's body started activating its powers. His eyes begun to glow even brighter. Dozens of strands of fur on Ryder's back started glowing silver, emitting electricity as they sparked softly.
Ryder claws started glowing also. He raked his claws into the VampireWolf's black fur. I can't bite him Ryder reminded himself.