Chapter 4. Transformation Complete

It took about another hour for the IV to finish. By the time it was finished, it was 1:36am in the morning. The sky was still dark outside and obviously no one was awake, except for Katie, Carlos, Jake and the pups. After the IV finished, Ryder continued sleeping deeply. Marshall yawned, his blue eyes were fogged by tiredness and his eyelids were drooping. "How's he doing now?" Chase asked.
"The IV should start working soon. But for now, he's sleeping peacefully and there's not much to do. So while he sleeps, we can also get some rest" Marshall explained.
Chase looked at Ryder, with a worried and fearful face expression on his face. I want you to get better fast. Seeing you like this and acting strange, is freaking me out and having me very scared for you Chase thought, as he walked slowly to his sleeping bag. Everyone else had started getting in their sleeping bags. Everyone was tired, but they were also a little shaken by everything that happened with Ryder.

Carlos turned off the light. The TV room was dim and silent, but that didn't make it easier to fall asleep. There was worry, fear, nervousness, and stress floating around the atmosphere.
As stressed and as worried as everyone was, they eventually drifted away into a deep sleep. The room was silent, the only sound was the light snoring from Rubble who slept with his sleeping blindfold.
A few minutes later, Ryder's eyes shot open.
But they weren't looking so normal.
They were slightly glowing.
Ryder's mouth felt parched so he shifted his body to grab the glass that was besides his bed. But when he reached out to grab the glass, he wasn't able to grasp it because he had no thumb.
Instead, Ryder saw a white and silver paw. Ryder's heart stopped beating at the sight of a paw instead of his hand.

But despite his extreme horror, he didn't scream because that would wake everyone up and then they would see him with a paw and then freak out.
"Why do I have a paw?" he asked in a low voice. He then looked down to the rest of his body, only to discover that he wasn't a human anymore.
His body was the shape of a wolf-dog. He had a silvery, grayish and white pelt.
Ryder saw his mid-long fluffy tail. He had paws, triangular ears, a long snout, sharp teeth, and two beautiful blue eyes.
"I knew this was gonna happen" Ryder said with scared eyes. "I can't let anyone see me like this. Everyone will freak out. My pups will hate me forever. Katie will dislike me, Carlos won't be my best friend, no one will like me anymore.
It's better I flee right now before anyone sees this."

Ryder got up from the bed, he felt strange standing on four paws. But he needed to run away now, before anyone started getting up.
He didn't want anyone to see him, they would freak out and Ryder would then be hated by everyone who once loved him.
Ryder started running in his wolf-dog form toward the Lookout's exit. The doors automatically opened, allowing Ryder run out. He came to a halt, then looked to the rescue tower. His ears went back to his head and his bright blue eyes saddened.
"Goodbye pups. I wish I didn't have to run away, but it's what I have to do. I have to run away for my own good. If you guys see me, you will freak out and run from me, and you pups will never love me again. I don't want that to happen, because my heart would be broken forever.
So it's best I run away so I won't freak anyone out, even though I know everyone will come looking for me. But I love you pups and you guys know that" Ryder said, with tears streaming from his eyes.
"I love you pups. This will be the last time I see you guys."

And with that, Ryder started running toward the Adventure Bay Bridge, with tears blurring his vision. As he ran, he felt like he was running faster than he had ever ran. That was because he had four paws which gave him extra speed.
While running on the bridge, Ryder suddenly halted and looked back to the Lookout. "My pups" he whimpered, tears rolling from his blue eyes. "I can't leave them. This can't be the last time I'll ever see them."
Ryder shook for sad thoughts from his head and heart. "I have to do this, for my own good and for the lives of my pups. If they see me like this, they will be ruined for the rest of their lives, especially Chase. It's better I leave and leave them to keep searching for me, because they will eventually give up when I never show up again. I know Chase will continue to lead the PAW Patrol, saving and protecting Adventure Bay."