41. Free vegetables

1 Month later

A lot of thing have happened. You and Liam have gotten a pretty good bond, at the end of each weak he brings you a basket of vegetables from his garden. You usually bake a cake for him or something.
You also had gotten a new job, painting at weddings.

It's a very simple job you just sit down and paint the bride and groom.

It's was also a well paying job, and a lot of people were getting married at this time of the year, so you were fully booked.

You were trying your best not to bump into James, which worked most of the time. But something when you'd go to Mario's shop you'd see James working, you do your best to avoid him.

Things with Chris were okay. You guys hadn't talked much cause Chris was on set filming and stuff. But you two did talk every now and then.

You were busy with work as well so you didn't think of Chris much either.

Today you promised Liam that you would help him digg out potatoes. It sound lame but you enjoy it a lot especially in the great weather outside.

You cut up some fruits to make a cold smoothie for both you and Liam to enjoy outside.

You get out the house and walk over to the house next to you, you walk to the garden.

"Hey neighbour" you hand him a cup of smoothie

"Good morning, ready to dig out potatoes ?" He asks

"Never been more exited" you tell him

Liam had opened up more about his old relationship with his ex wife. He told you about who she cheated on him with. Liam also mentioned all this was only 3 months ago. So very new.

You and Liam sit on the ground pulling/ digging out potatoes

"Heard anything from Chris ?" Liam asks

"Not yet no, he's just busy with the movie and all" you explain

"Yeah" Liam nods "so I was wondering-" he stops talking as his phone buzzes "sorry I'm gonna take this" Liam gets up and walks away.

You notice he had a worried look on his face as he talks on the phone.

You just focus on pulling out the potatoes, you don't want to eavesdropped on his conversation.

After a few minutes Liam walks back "that was my ex wife" he says

"Oh what did she say ?" You ask

"She's pregnant" he explains

"Oh shit" you say "is it good or bad thing" you ask him

"Bad very bad" he tell you

"Are you sure it's yours and not the other guys ?" You ask him

"I don't know" he says confused

Things got a bit awkward so you went home early.

You check your phone and see a massage from Chris "can I call you"

"Yes" you replay. You were a bit annoyed that he never had time to call you, it was always work work work family work work work, but of course you understand it's a busy and hard job.

You quickly go and clean yourself up, put on a little makeup. 

And sit in-front of the computer- waiting for him to call

He finally dose..

You two are on FaceTime

"Hey" you say

"Hi" Chris says "ahh I missed you so much and I'm so so so sorry I didn't call-"

"It okay Chris, I know your busy" you say understandingly

"I love you" he says

"Love you too" you say

"So how's your day so far ?" He asks

"Good I was helping Liam out in the garden-"

"Who's Liam ?" Chris asks

"The guy I told you about, the one who moved next to me" you reminds him

"Ohh yeah, he sound like a nice guy" Chris says

"Yeah he's very nice. He brings me a basket of vegetables at the end of each week" you tell him.

"Damn lucky so you get free vegetables ?" Chris says

"Not trying brag but yeah" you say as both you and Chris laugh.

It's funny how you two won't talk to each other for a whole month, and still have the same energy around each other. You two don't get awkward or weird. That's what you love about him. He stays the same.

"So Chris how the movie going ?" You ask

"It's great, I'm working with Jenny Slate" Chris mentioned "she's a great friend of mine now"

"Looks like Evans is making friends" you say "when can we meet ?" You ask him a bit serious now

"I was hoping you wouldn't ask that, I can't visit you until the end of February" he says "I can't be with you on Valentine's Day" Chris says clearly disappointed

"Hey it's okay, we will figure something out" you stay positive

"Yeah we always do" he smiles

You could never forget that smile. His beard was shorter then usual probably because he need to have it short for the movie. His hair is messy but also shorter then before. He looks very tired but still handsome.

"Hello Y/n" Chris gets you attention "what's going on in that mind ?" He asks

"Nothing" you tell him

"Okay- oh Y/n I'm sorry I have to go back on set, I'll call you later today I promise. I love you" he hangs up

"I love you too" you say a bit sad

If he can't come to Italy you can still go to Boston. You also have more then enough money.

You go on the internet and check for flights.

————————————————————————