✧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲✧

"Woah, look at you

"Woah, look at you." Demetri smiled as he walked over toward Kit and Moon, who walked into prom with their arms linked. "At both of you."

"Disco ball material?" Kit gave a minor sarcastic grin, her shiny dress a running joke now.

"She's self hating tonight." Moon hummed with a knowing look. "You should have heard her in the car."

"Well, she's not the only one." Demetri spoke, moving backwards to point at Eli over his shoulder. "That one's just as bad."

"Seems like we have a reoccurring pattern here." Moon hummed, wrapping an arm around Kits waist. "I'm gonna go make her happy, you do the same for yours."

"Love how you two talk about us like we're not people." Kit hummed as Moon drug her off toward the dance floor. "I'm sorry i'm a shitty date."

"You're so not." Moon argued, giving her a little spin. "What's really bothering you?"

Kit shrugged, Moon forcing her arms to sway to the upbeat song. She gave a knowing look. "Thinking about Tory?"

Kit looked in disbelief. "What? No. Absolutely not."

"It would be okay if you were." she said back knowingly.

"You're my date, i'm not thinking about other girls." Kit grabbed her hand and gave her a little spin. "It's just been a long day."

"Well, I think I might know a little throw back memory to get you out of this slump." she gave a teasing point of her finger. "Do not go anywhere. I'll be right back."

Kit was alone on the dance floor, under the multicolored lights. They were all dancing around her, yet she was alone. So alone, yet surrounded by so many people. What was it that was bumming her out so bad? Kit didn't truly know what was the matter. She'd started to feel shitty from the moment she put on her prom dress, even though she really liked how she looked in it. So, what was it? What was so wrong when everything was so perfect?"

"Oooh yeah." Moon sang with the song as she went back to Kit, holding an invisible microphone. "I've been looking under rocks and breaking locks, just tryna find ya."

Kit grinned, slapping two hands over her face at the freshman year memory hit her in the face. Moon pulled her hands away from her face. "I've been like a maniac, insomniac-"

She held the invisible mic to Kit. The Clairmont girl grinned. "Five steps behind ya."

Moon cheered, taking her hands as they danced a little, singing their song. "Tell the other girls they can hit the exit, check please. Cause I finally found the girl of my dreams. Much more then a grammy award, that's how much you mean to me."

Kit laughed, hugging Moon as she hugged her back, letting the rest of the song sing itself. Her face fell again, her arms tightened around Moon when she realized that she needed this. A hug. Just a hug all to herself, not a hug to comfort other people. Moon hugged her back, inhaling. "You can talk to me about anything."