treinta y dos

Beomgyu and Yeojin were having a good time.

Every ride they went on involved Yeojin being excited and Beomgyu being terrified but finally letting loose once Yeojin assured him he was fine. It really felt as if nothing could ruin the moment... but something could definitely happen later in the day to ruin the once joyful mood.

The two were walking around, Yeojin was busy drinking a soda while Beomgyu was eating cotton candy. Their arms simply swayed next to each other as they walked.

They were enjoying the walk and observing what ride to go on next when Beomgyu's phone suddenly began to ring.

With a quick motion, he grabbed his phone and after checking the caller, he sighed and silenced the ringer.

"What's wrong?" Yeojin asked curiously as she had seen him look a bit down when he checked his phone.

"Nothing." He replied, his expression brightening again but Yeojin could tell something was bothering him.

"Who was calling you?"

"Doesn't matter."

"Beomgyu."

Yeojin gave a stern look at the boy, her arms crossed as she had stopped walking. She knew he was bound to break if she did that and she was right.

Beomgyu sighed as he showed her the caller ID. The phone was still ringing, just silently since he put his phone on silent mode.

Yeojin looked at it and saw it was Lucy. Her immediate response was to shake her head and shove his shoulder slightly.

"Why aren't you answering?" Yeojin asked, not approving of the way he handled his relationship.

"I just feel that if I answer now, it'll make me wanna have that conversation with her. I would rather do that in person. And if even if I was okay with answering the phone right now, I just know it'd bring my mood down and I'm actually having a fun time." Beomgyu said and Yeojin sighed, her eyes looking up at him with a bit of pity.

"I say just answer the phone, see what's up. Don't talk much so you don't accidentally spill the problem here but just ask her what's up. It's not smart to avoid calls from her. Trust me, I would know." Yeojin said, shivering at the last sentence as she remembered the problems that occurred the one time Yeojin didn't pick up the phone.

Beomgyu looked at Yeojin with an expression that seemed as if he was pleading not to but Yeojin stood her ground and Beomgyu finally answered the phone.

"Hello?" He asked and the responde he got was immediate and definitely aggressive.

"Beomgyu? Where are you?"

"I went out to an amusement park."

"With who?"

"Yeojin."

"At least you arent lying about it."

"Lying? Why would I lie?"

"I don't know. I just know you need to come over here right now."

Beomgyu look puzzled and definitely dissatisfied. Yeojin noticed his expression and mouthed "what's wrong?" Beomgyu shrugged and then held a finger over his mouth, telling her to shush so he could continue the conversation.