leaving

The next morning, I wake up to the familiar light shining through my curtains and I sit up, rubbing my eyes to see Cordelia folding a blanket that hung over a chair in my room and organizing my clothes. I sit up on my elbows and look at her with a smile. She turns around and matches the gaze I looked at her with.

"Hey! Morning."

"Morning," I groan, getting up and putting on my slippers. "I have morning checks in a bit so I have to just take a shower and get dressed..." I say, grabbing a pair of sweatpants shorts, and a tank top underneath a hoodie. Cordelia nods and I walk to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and get into the cold shower. I wash my body and hair and get out to dutch braid my hair and put new tape on my tube. I put on my clothes and came back out into my room to see Dr. Staple talking with Cordelia. Dr. Staple looks over Cordelia's shoulder, seeing me walking towards them hesitantly and she puts on a smile.

"y/n! Good morning! You ready?" she asks as Cordelia looks over at me. I just nodded nervously and followed her to the bathroom.

"Do you want me to come sweetheart?" Cordelia asked, lightly grasping my arm.

"No that's okay Delia. I'll only be a second."

"Okay, honey."

I smiled and went to follow Dr. Staple until Cordelia grabbed me again. "Hey hey hey why are your lips... purple? And you're shivering. ...y/n don't tell me you're still taking freezing cold showers."

"Delia I have to go. It's fine."

I rushed into the bathroom and Dr. Staple was holding her clipboard.

"Okay step on." I took off my hoodie and stood in front of the scale, staring at it. "y/n?"

"...What if I've already gained weight from feeding?" I said just above a whisper.

"Well, honey we have to see. That wouldn't be a bad thing." I stood on the scale and looked down as the numbers went up. I was already up one pound. I took a deep breath and stepped off as Dr. Staple wrote it down. Tears brimmed my eyes as I slipped my hoodie back on and Dr. Staple looked back up at me. I was totally spacing out until she said my name. "y/n. Come on," she said, holding the door open for me. I wiped a tear before it could escape my eyes and exited the room, going downstairs. Cordelia was already down there and was laughing with Tammy and Amanda, sipping coffee.

She then turns around and sees me sitting at the table with no emotion on my face and immediately sat down next to me, resting a hand on my back, playing with the ends of my braids.

"Honey, are you okay?"

I just nodded and stared at my empty plate again.

"I'm already gaining weight," I whispered with tears in my eyes.

"Oh, honey. It's okay. Why don't you have some food hm? You love pancakes."

I look up at the food on the table and spotted a huge plate of pancakes. There were muffins, bagels, oatmeal, eggs. It was like my worst nightmare. I shook my head at her and reached for the bowl of mixed fruit. I picked out a few strawberries and blueberries with the large spoon and set them on my plate.

I ate the five blueberries and five strawberries and sat back to prevent myself from taking anything else. Suddenly, I see Delia place a blueberry muffin on my plate but all I could see were numbers.

blueberry muffin: 460 calories.

"Delia."

"I remember when you first came to the coven and you and Zoe and Madison would sneak out go to Starbucks every morning at 5 AM before anyone would wake up. I found out when I found about 12 paper Starbucks bags under each of your beds. You got a blueberry muffin every morning. It didn't kill you then did it?"